• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Games set in Hawaii

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2017-02-20

PM

Hello everybody,

Do you guys know any Adventure Games that have Hawaii as the setting?

Cheers.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Runaway 2 is set in Hawaii

Codename: ICEMAN first part is set in Tahiti, which is a no different setting to Hawaii, I guess

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Can’t believe you mentioned Iceman, but not Leisure Suit Larry 3, Advie! Probably the most Hawaiian adventure out there.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2017-02-20

PM

Larry Does Hawaii? Sign me up!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Doom - 03 December 2021 09:52 AM

Can’t believe you mentioned Iceman, but not Leisure Suit Larry 3, Advie! Probably the most Hawaiian adventure out there.

just slipped my mind, like the thread itself, lol

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2021-12-15

PM

Did you complete Runaway 2? I tried to do it so many times, but I still couldn’t do it. It was too hard for me back then. Now I got so many flashbacks from my childhood playing this damn game. I have to find that damn game and try to complete it! I even tried to use cheats in this game to freaking complete it. However, I couldn’t pass the last location. By the way, guys, is anyone playing Apex Legends? I adore that game, and the newest map also gives me the flashback from Runaway 2. A couple of days ago, a friend of mine was playing using some cheats for Apex Legends. I thought he would get banned instantly. Well, he is still playing.

Joined 2017-02-20

PM

Doom - 03 December 2021 09:52 AM

Any adventure games which involve a murder mystery set in a tropical paradise?

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Nancy Drew: The Creature of Kapu Cave

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Tunguska 2 would be another good choice I guess, although not as a detective game, but as an adventure that takes place in Indonesia and revolves around some murder and some mystery. The sequels might be worth checking as well for similar settings, but I never got that far.

Also Hopkins FBI Smile Exactly half of the game I think takes place at a tropical island. But beware, the game has a bad reputation for being extremely violent and campy.

Not sure if the Aztec Empire could be described as “tropical paradise”, but Aztec: The Curse (aka The Sacred Amulet) is a murder mystery set during those times and my old-time favourite historical adventure from Cryo (well, the only one I played tbh).

Joined 2017-02-20

PM

Doom! I can’t believe you referenced ‘Hopkins FBI’—I remember being new to adventure games in the late 90s and playing the demo. Never found the full version. It’s like one of those lost games—like ‘Sherlock Holmes and the case of the rose tattoo’.

Joined 2017-02-20

PM

diego - 03 March 2022 08:15 AM

Any idea where I can find this game?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Neuromancer.utopian - 03 March 2022 11:31 PM

You can buy it on Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/31900/Nancy_Drew_The_Creature_of_Kapu_Cave/

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2017-02-20

PM

Adv_Lvr - 04 March 2022 07:27 AM
Neuromancer.utopian - 03 March 2022 11:31 PM

You can buy it on Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/31900/Nancy_Drew_The_Creature_of_Kapu_Cave/

Heart

Thanks, I think I’ll get ‘Kapu Cave’ from Steam.

For all the Hopkins FBI fans, I saw that it’s available on abandonware. I was tempted to get it but didn’t want to get a virus/trojan in my system.

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Yes, Hopkins FBI disappeared from radars pretty quickly along with the developer. I know they worked on a sequel, and game mags published some pre-release screenshots, but it never happened - I guess the game didn’t sell that well. Which is hardly surprising, taking the year of release (1998 was a very busy year) and all the bad press. Tbh I also hated it back in the day and threw away the disk. But looking back (and watching a Youtube walkthrough) I actually feel for the devs, they made a solid cartoon adventure and tried a lot of things, obviously aiming for an oldschool B-movie feel and a dark comic effect. But it’s not for the sensitive crowd, which makes it even more problematic to see a re-release these days.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Doom - 06 March 2022 07:14 PM

Yes, Hopkins FBI disappeared from radars pretty quickly along with the developer. I know they worked on a sequel, and game mags published some pre-release screenshots, but it never happened - I guess the game didn’t sell that well. Which is hardly surprising, taking the year of release (1998 was a very busy year) and all the bad press. Tbh I also hated it back in the day and threw away the disk. But looking back (and watching a Youtube walkthrough) I actually feel for the devs, they made a solid cartoon adventure and tried a lot of things, obviously aiming for an oldschool B-movie feel and a dark comic effect. But it’s not for the sensitive crowd, which makes it even more problematic to see a re-release these days.

It actually got some positive reviews. I’d love to see a re-release, I’d play it.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top