• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

band name escapades

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Come up with a name for an imaginary band.

Tell us a little about that band. Use whatever means you like: write a review, a formation story, the text on the back of a live LP, draw a logo. Or tell us about the music you were listening to when you came up with this band, whatever comes to mind, go for it.

Two examples.

TRUCKSTOP FIGHTER

Balls to the wall relentless groove metal. mean riffs, pummeling drums and a bald dude with a goatie just yelling at you. Full-on unadulterated aggression, fueled by beer buzz bravado.

Covalent Bonding Retreat

A secret band, only performing for close relatives (the ones they have left) and two or three ex-coworkers they think they can trust. Formed during the relocation of their former employer, two coders, an HR representative and a data analyst (who wish to remain anonymous) decided not to update their resumes: they quit their jobs, left their spouses and went on a month-long hiking trip (location: undisclosed). Legend has it the EP they recorded during this time is floating around in the cloud somewhere, like a spectre of post-punk disaffection in the face of existential dread.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Death Metal by extraterrestrials. Earth evolution is creepy, interesting and has a high mortality rate.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

It’s a nice idea VP, but it takes a bit of creativity to come up with, tho I can give some data of bands i already managed, but that would be cheating ain’t it

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Hey, that’d be fine with me! Smile I’m quite interested in your musical endeavors.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

for Covalent Bonding Retreat, i would rather call them POST HAVOC.

how about Scorpionism., a cover band dedicated to the band Scorpions, formed by a young girl (the Vocal) and her husband(Guitar) bc they had nothing better to do, a long professional bassist who is in for any gig, a very ‘decent’ drummer who seems like he would be better off working an office somewhere else, and me who is also in for any gig. kept the formation going for 3 years, ‘an’ official Scorpions magazine gave us a mention here and there, until some guest-players-idea, the couple came up with it, i didn’t want to take any part at that gig, and this was it, our last, later they divorced and no one ever made any initiative for a regathering.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

haha wow, was it a professional or semi-professional band? Scorpionism sounds like a band doing the work of The Scorpions, if you get noticed by the Scorpions magazine, I guess you did.

I really like POST HAVOC. It’s going to be stuck in my mind I think.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Thumbs Up

semi, really, most of us had jobs and other priorities. and gigs weren’t that regular

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Ah a bit of pocket change! I wonder what those concerts were like. I have a great memory of a “Butt Rock” cover band (AC/DC, Bon Jovi, KISS, etc), it’s in my top 5 concerts I’ve experienced.

Here’s another imaginary band: Corporate Violence. Capitalist Realist Noise-core by people in suits and grey balaclavas. Every instrument is distorted, every concert is an aural assault.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Vegetable Party - 23 October 2021 04:58 PM

I wonder what those concerts were like.

here is some footage, sorry for the bad quality but the sound is fine

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Cool. Cool  Are you the one playing the solo on the guitar in the first clip?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

yep, do i give myself away that easy Wink

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Back in 2000, when the movie Hollow Man came out, I realized that “Invisible Bacon” would make a cool name for a rock band.

That’s pretty much all I’ve got, though. I lack creativity, which is why I enjoy other people‘s creativity so much… Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Haha wow I remember seeing that with my friends. Totally works, I immediately picture both Kevin and a pork product visually fading away. And I picture someone yelling that name into a microphone.

I hope I’m not being presumptuous about your knowledge of derogatory terms for members of the police force by telling you..

..it’s also slang for an undercover cop. So it works on different levels.

edit: @advie totally, but you know how to pull it off.  Cool

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top