• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Down in Bermuda

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

About two years ago Karlok led an unofficial playthrough of Agent A: A puzzle in disguise. That was a very enjoyable game although it might have had a few more casual elements than Karlok would like in a game.

Anyway, I’m sure most of you have seen that there is a new game, recently, and favorably reviewed by AG staff titled Down in Bermuda. It’s from the same people that did Agent A.

While we already have one game that’s a contender for an unofficial CPT, Kathy Rain Directors Cut, it may be disqualified if the current CPT ends before 10/26, and KRDC wins the next CPT vote.

Just saying we seem to have some options in our future.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Both Kathy Rain DC and Bermuda Down both deserved to be played and should be nominated. For KR, we could start an unofficial CPT and if it wins make it an official one.

And we can always run two unofficial CPTs.

Sadly my IPad is out of storage and more games keep being released. Even the current game in CPT is on iOS. Two things about IOS, it has a huge gaming library ( I have 188 games on my iPad) and bluntly indie games look amazing on the system. To me it looks like AAA pc, AA Switch, indie IOS.

You guys would be proud of me, on a Switch forum I defended the PC against console gamers - they were bashing the PC hard…….too funny!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 14 October 2021 07:20 PM

About two years ago Karlok led an unofficial playthrough of Agent A: A puzzle in disguise.

There hasn’t been an (un)official playthrough of Agent A, let alone one led by me.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Maybe it was a trick by Ruby LaRouge.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

People at Steam and Gog write that Down in Bermuda is very short, could be easily finished in like 2-3 hours. I also really hope there won’t be another cpt of Kathy Rain. Replaying a slightly improved game from 4 years ago with so many unplayed games out there sounds wrong to me, no matter how good it is. Personally I thought of suggesting Saint Kotar which should be out by this Halloween.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ll back that suggestion Doom for St Kotar. Thumbs Up

But I will also vote for Kathy Rain DC as there may be players that have never played the original.
Regardless it seems that an unofficial playthrough will go ahead anyway!

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Doom - 16 October 2021 11:30 AM

People at Steam and Gog write that Down in Bermuda is very short, could be easily finished in like 2-3 hours.

I’ve almost finished it. Took me a bit longer than 3 hours but not much. I expected more from the devs of Agent A, which I enjoyed a lot. Too casual for me, like finding dozens and dozens* of “stars”. And the kind of puzzles we’ve seen many times before.

EDIT: *156 actually Frown

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

I have played St. Kotar’s prologue/demo “Yellow Mask”, and rarely do I strongly dislike a game, but here was just that case. I found both protagonists deeply unlikable and the entire game - off-putting. Thought it was just me, but went to check out reviews on Steam, and it’s pretty much a wall of red, saying how godawful main characters are.
With that being said, there are some people who are excited about it, so even though it is definitely not for me - I do wish developers smooth sailing and people - to enjoy the final product. Just curious if any of you played the demo and liked it or is it that St. Kotar simply seems like a good fit?

I’ve never played the original Kathy Rain, even though I own it. I think trying DC for the first time as a community playthrough, if the option will be there, is going to be fun.

I also skipped Down in Bermuda based on “too casual” claims and this star search that’s happening throughout entire game. Loved “Agent A”, though, so will keep my eyes on the devs.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

DCast - 17 October 2021 06:45 PM

I have played St. Kotar’s prologue/demo “Yellow Mask”, and rarely do I strongly dislike a game, but here was just that case. I found both protagonists deeply unlikable and the entire game - off-putting. Thought it was just me, but went to check out reviews on Steam, and it’s pretty much a wall of red, saying how godawful main characters are.
With that being said, there are some people who are excited about it, so even though it is definitely not for me - I do wish developers smooth sailing and people - to enjoy the final product. Just curious if any of you played the demo and liked it or is it that St. Kotar simply seems like a good fit?

Oh, that doesn’t sound good. I don’t usually play demos, it’s just that we were discussing the lack of 2.5D realistic adventures recently and Saint Kotar looked exactly like something in the vein of Black Mirror and such, with intriguing story and Gothic atmosphere. The number of negative reviews for the prologue is alarming though.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

DCast - 17 October 2021 06:45 PM

I have played St. Kotar’s prologue/demo “Yellow Mask”...... 
Just curious if any of you played the demo and liked it or is it that St. Kotar simply seems like a good fit?

I’ve played both demos & now confused as The Yellow Mask was released last year as the prologue & now there’s another prologue. Both of them I found intriguing enough for me to want more but I have concerns about a game that’s been in the pipeline for so long ‘changing tack’. I like the kind of graphics & gameplay & yes, it’s a ‘good fit’ but I will reserve judgement until there’s more to know.  Smile

I think we’re in the wrong thread here!

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Yes! Totally in the wrong thread.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top