• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Releasing tomorrow,

Comparison with Murdered:Soul Suspect to put aside your fears.

http://thegamefanatics.com/2014/09/24/vanishing-ethan-carter-distrurbingly-beautiful-releases-tomorrow

AGoTY contender.

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

I am counting the hours to get my hands (mouse and keys) on it.

[Edit: so much of counting the hours… released posponed for tomorrow because of a few bugs they found out at the finishing hour. Gee! I’m getting tired of this… didn’t they know that the day of released was set ages ago? And at the last minute they still find bugs???]

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Come on guys… IMPRESSIONS!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 26 September 2014 04:52 AM

Or click here.

Wink

Grin

Crazy

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Similar to Dear Esther more than MSS,nice rendered but all deserted Polish countryside,no character interaction(so far), some past souls mumbles you on the way,a real wanderer
game.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Oh my God, how is the storytelling? Is the exploration engaging? This is the game that will get me to upgrade my PC.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

My mouse lags, worst ever. Totally unplayable for me on my win7 computer.  Cry
Anything I can do about it, apart from upgrading? Fiddling with the options doesn’t seem to make any difference. Feeding the mouse cheese doesn’t help either.

I really want to play this game!

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

thejobloshow - 26 September 2014 08:18 AM

Oh my God, how is the storytelling? Is the exploration engaging? This is the game that will get me to upgrade my PC.

- Graphics are sight to behold , complimented by awesome music.

- Enough area to wander and explore around, puzzles are like Ladder puzzle of Texmurphy for what i played. Ain’t gonna be hard for veterans here but good enough.
(Its not plain walking simulator).

- Voiceactors are just OK, some models are HD PS2 looks bit off against amazing Environments.

- Story feels good enough but i heard game is 3 to 5 hrs.

- You can miss story segments if you miss locations/hot spots proper order.

- Game is crashing on me after few minutes, i might need to drop this for now and get it on PS4 later, my laptop is not even giving stable framerates.

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Looks like playing a dead detective again,dropped down from 30 feet elevator shaft and pass through boiling water without ouch,good relief it’s looks way better and engaging than DE both gameplay & story wise.I dont expect dealing with alive characters anymore but expect suprises, finding the clues,reconstruct murders and uncurtain this ancient mystery.

Karlok - 26 September 2014 08:29 AM

Anything I can do about it, apart from upgrading? Fiddling with the options doesn’t seem to make any difference. Feeding the mouse cheese doesn’t help either.

Did you change texture res. to low ?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Gabe - 26 September 2014 10:45 AM

Looks like playing a dead detective again,dropped down from 30 feet elevator shaft and pass through boiling water without ouch,
good relief it’s looks way better and engaging than DE both gameplay & story wise.I dont expect dealing with alive characters anymore but expect suprises, finding the clues,reconstruct murders and uncurtain this ancient mystery.

Did you change texture res. to low ?

Good you gave all the story, spoilers away and probably the ending. Pan

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

What,saying ancient mystery means givin’up story for you,devs already show that.

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Frustrated!!! Why they don’t say, at system specification, that you MUST HAVE A 64BITs OS TO RUN THE GAME??? It only says that it needs 4GB RAM. Everybody knows that Win 7 32bits can address only 3.5GB of RAM, but asking for 4GB is a standard on specifications even for 32bits games. They, at least, could be more DIRECT on saying that.  Pan All I can get is a “Ran out of video memory. Exiting…” message on my screen.

Ok, I can install a Win7 64bits in my computer but the question is: with 4GB of RAM, an Intel i7 CPU and a nVidia GTX460 w/1GB GPU, will I be able to play this game in medium or high resolution or do I have to have more RAM installed?

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

UruBoo - 26 September 2014 05:15 PM

Frustrated!!! Why they don’t say, at system specification, that you MUST HAVE A 64BITs OS TO RUN THE GAME??? It only says that it needs 4GB RAM. Everybody knows that Win 7 32bits can address only 3.5GB of RAM, but asking for 4GB is a standard on specifications even for 32bits games. They, at least, could be more DIRECT on saying that.  Pan All I can get is a “Ran out of video memory. Exiting…” message on my screen.
Ok, I can install a Win7 64bits in my computer but the question is: with 4GB of RAM, an Intel i7 CPU and a nVidia GTX460 w/1GB GPU, will I be able to play this game in medium or high resolution or do I have to have more RAM installed?

Your video card has 1GB of video memory. If you’re running out of VIDEO memory at the settings you want to play, adding more RAM won’t help.

EDIT—

Just noticed this post at another forum from someone using XP. With an Nvidia GTX 260 they got the “out of graphics memory” error. They found the game was only using 141 MB of their memory at most. So the “out of graphics memory” error was bogus.

After trying several things, the person eventually “fixed” their problem by installing Windows 8 on another partition and running the game from there. Using the same computer, same hardware, the “out of memory” error was gone.

The game may eventually be patched, but if you want to fix it now, it looks like all you need to do is install a 64-bit version of Windows. You don’t need more system RAM or a new graphics card.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2012-04-05

PM

If by “lags” you mean the weird delay of the default settings, then that can be changed in the options menu under “controls-> camera smoothing”

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2012-04-05

PM

UruBoo - 26 September 2014 05:15 PM

The system requirements states that the game only needs 512mb of vram so you should be able to play. Have you tried turning off anti-aliasing completely? Having that on can make lower-end cards run out of memory really quickly.

Also from reading the Steam forums it looks like the game will only run on low texture quality with a 32-bit OS, probably due to the small amount of adressable memory.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top