• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Runaway - A Road Adventure: Can I get a clue?

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2012-05-27

PM

Hi, I’ve just started playing Runaway and I’m stuck at the beginning. I just want a vague clue.

I set up the fake body on the bed next to Gina, but I can’t figure out how I’m supposed to move her medical record to the other bed. It seems like the logical thing to do and is all my lousy imagination can come up with Smile

From what I can tell I have all the items and have examined all the hotspots and I’ve also used pretty much all the items on all the hotspots. Now there’s nothing left except read a walk-through (which I hate) or get a vague clue.

As I said the only logical course of action I can foresee is moving the medical record to the other bed so the fake body will be identified as Gina if the mafia come calling.

Thanks
Astralogical

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

you guessed it right.

the word of the day is swap.i don’t know how much vaguer i can do this without actually telling you what to do.

Joined 2012-05-27

PM

That’s exactly what I thought I needed to do, yet I can’t seem to do anything at all with the records. Does swapping them involve something crazy and unrealistic?

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

no..i’m sorry i don’t know how to give you a hint here so i’ll ask you straight.

did you use the marker on the blank page?(i’m assuming you did)
did you try the fake record on the real?

if yes did you right click on both of them to trigger a thought from Bryan?(sometimes you need to right click on sth to make the character think about using it for his plan in order to do so,otherwise he won’t “know” what to do with it).

Joined 2012-05-27

PM

The blank page??

I’ve never seen a blank page… I don’t know how I can be missing it though I’ve been scowering these three screens for ages lol.

Tell you what , I’m gonna go and have another look around, see if I can find this blank page.

I’ll let you know if I can’t find it Smile

Thanks

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

no problem…..one clarification though,the black page is not just a page.it’s a blank medical record page which you falsify by using the marker.

Joined 2012-05-27

PM

That’s exactly the thought I had in the storeroom, find a blank form and fill it in. I thought it would be as simple as looking in the filing cabinet or something. It seems that it’s not. Which is good, I like a challenging game.

Joined 2012-05-27

PM

Oh man, that damn tiny piece of paper sticking out of the filing cabinet! Trust me to miss it lol!

Joined 2012-05-27

PM

Could I get another clue, I’m stuck… again… immediately after the last bit Smile

I have to wake Gina up, and there is only two things I can think of on how to do it. I either need to sift through the medicine in the storeroom, find some amphetamines and shoot her up or, it’s something to do with splashing water on her face.

I can fill the broken cup up with water in the bathroom but it’s empty by the time I get to Gina.

Am I on the right track?

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

You are not a Doctor you need to learn more about the medication she has taken.

Maybe you need a reference book.

Then you need to fiddle with the fire protection system.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

I spent ages trying to fix up that cup as well. Another hint for this game in case you didnt figure it out yet - if you look at certain places you will be told that there is nothing of interest there. But if the situation changes and you look again, you might find something you need. So relook at everything whenever you are stuck.

Joined 2012-05-27

PM

Thanks guys, I didn’t re-examine that book because I already did a few times before. That’s a useful tip Siddhi, thanks.

Joined 2012-05-27

PM

You know what, I think I’m a bit outmatched by this game. I’m stuck again, trying to get the fire protection system to spray the water. If I have to ask for help one more time I think it might put me off this game Frown

Joined 2012-05-27

PM

OMG how the hell did I never once notice that fire sprinkler!? It’s been right there in front of clueless face the whole time!

I want to punch myself hard.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

this is not a difficult game…..most of the time your problem will be pixel hunting(although the term was coined for old pixel games i think it applies to every situation that the graphics don’t allow you to clearly see an object or a hotspot).

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I remember being quite frustrated with the pixel hunting in this game. Might be one of the reasons I never really liked it so much. Okay game with a few good jokes, unlikable characters and the only vaguely interesting thing about the whole game is done in one chapter I think.

Though I actually finished the first one which is more than what’s to say about the second Wink. I think I might give the third a chance once I can grab it under 5€.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top