• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #65 - Keepsake

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Funny how in some of these riddles you can spend hours trying to make sense of it, and when you finally come up with the solution then you realise that it all made sense.  “Oh…. but of course, why didn’t I think of it that way at first”.

I reached the stopping point of this section. Like colpet in this sense I haven’t had any crashes so far, fortunately. Exploring this whole new section there seems to be a lot of things to do.

Next step if I understood correctly: Search for that item that each teacher has. And I remain intrigued if everyone is in the Sanctuary.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

DCast - 02 April 2021 12:36 PM
Veovis - 02 April 2021 02:04 AM

Finally managed to brute solve my way through the second trial.The fire rune was the one I felt was the most certain, although I couldn’t see the logic in the “when I hide your friend is gone” bit. Do they mean that an actual friend around the fire becomes invisible when the fire “hides”? If so, what if it’s day, not night? Or is it the fire itself a metaphorical friend? Anyway; for two of the riddles I decided that there were two possible runes (spirit or fire for one, spirit or energy for the other). From there I just brute forced the trial. I’d say more or less any of the rest of the runes would have made just as much sense for the two remaining riddles as the ones actually working.

colpet already beat me to it, but I AFTER I brute-forced this part as well, I came to realization that the shadow is our “friend”, and it will disappear if the fire will go out… I would have never come up with it myself, mostly because I wouldn’t refer to my shadow as a “friend” even metaphorically speaking. I was thinking celestial rune here along the lines of the sun being gone, and then my friend, whoever he is, as well… Alas!

It’s interesting how second trial is almost unanimously the most problematic for everyone here.  Nerd

That shadowexplanation is as good as any other I guess, but it’s still very far fetched imo. Actually from the beginning I thought the spirit rune fitted the fire riddle best, since I think there’s a saying in most languages that you can be with a friend in spirit. So I figured that around spirits you are never alone but if a spirit of a friend who is there with you hides you will become alone. But ultimately I decided that spirit fitted the riddle with the “when I’m gone it’s the end of you” even better so fire was the one left that at least made partly some sense for the riddle about “being around”, since you must be more than one person to be “around” a fire.

Well, well. I’m glad that puzzle is over and done with…:)

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

I have finished also this part, which i have to say was the best one so far. Story is unfolding, the upper academy is very beautiful and the teleporting makes movement around easier. Kinda scared though with all those puzzles i have found in my way and we ll have to deal with in the future. They seem too complicated and hard to solve.

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I’ve finished Section 3, still standing where we had the spiritual encounter.

The views are stunning!

colpet - 31 March 2021 06:39 AM

I agree that the ‘memory’ cut scenes are simplistic. They could have done better, because the cut scenes of the power and water coming on are well done.

Yeah, it’s only the “visions” that I dislike. They’re more than a bit melodramatic in my view.

Vegetable Party - 01 April 2021 07:04 AM

I do hope Zak gets more interesting, the lying and cowering could use some variation. From what I can tell, there’s a surprise coming up. I’m ready!

I think Zak is much less annoying now that the ridiculously transparent lying has stopped.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Pegbiter - 03 April 2021 05:04 PM
Vegetable Party - 01 April 2021 07:04 AM

I do hope Zak gets more interesting, the lying and cowering could use some variation. From what I can tell, there’s a surprise coming up. I’m ready!

I think Zak is much less annoying now that the ridiculously transparent lying has stopped.

I think that his story explained him being slightly pathetic but friendly coward and liar, by painting him as “woe is me” poor little thing we all should feel sorry for (when in reality - he’s your average teen, nothing special). Very much in vein with the overly dramatic way their cutscenes are built. So I wouldn’t say MUCH less annoying, just a tad less Grin

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

I didn’t feel sorry for him, not even when he explained that he wanted to become a dragon just so that others would respect him. It’s okay, I guess. He’s changed slightly now. It makes sense after all, when the veil fell off he stopped being so annoying and became more reliable, and more useful, he doesn’t complain so much anymore, did you see that he got over his fear of heights? The only thing that makes him “special” is that he’s supposedly the only one who can touch the orb, I think.
If he keeps evolving like this by the end of the game Zak is going to be a very different person. And honestly I don’t want to see him as a human, as a cat he’s fine, leave him like that : )

I haven’t said anything about the cinematic scenes so far, I just think that if they had been a bit better done they would have made a bigger impact on us and on the story.

Oh and one more thing I forgot to say about the third trial. As you know it was the easiest one and it consisted only in overcoming our fear. But I wonder if there was a way to fail such trial? What if I did nothing and just stood there while the house was on fire?  Would it tell us that we had failed or something?

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Tenebra - 03 April 2021 09:39 PM

Oh and one more thing I forgot to say about the third trial. As you know it was the easiest one and it consisted only in overcoming our fear. But I wonder if there was a way to fail such trial? What if I did nothing and just stood there while the house was on fire?  Would it tell us that we had failed or something?

That trial was very linear.  Lydia couldn’t leave the room until she passed the test.  Otherwise, they’d have to end the game right there.

I like Zak, despite his weaknesses.  Having been locked up by bullies and then not knowing what happened to everyone coupled with the memory loss would make anyone anxious.  He really just wants to be liked but doesn’t know how to go about it.

I also like the fact that quite a bit of information comes from Zak at seemingly spontaneous times.  If Lydia pauses for a moment or two (while I’m debating my next move), he’ll volunteer info about the academy’s history or ask a question to fill in Lydia’s backstory.  It breaks the exposition into smaller and more natural chunks that are easier to digest than having to read or hear it all at once.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Ok, I’ve reached the end of this section.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

The trails were a bit arduous. The game started crashing on me in this section as well, I think I’ll just consider that a meta trial of patience and perseverance (and hope that was the worst of it).

Lady Kestrel - 03 April 2021 11:53 PM

I like Zak, despite his weaknesses.  Having been locked up by bullies and then not knowing what happened to everyone coupled with the memory loss would make anyone anxious.  He really just wants to be liked but doesn’t know how to go about it.

I also like the fact that quite a bit of information comes from Zak at seemingly spontaneous times.  If Lydia pauses for a moment or two (while I’m debating my next move), he’ll volunteer info about the academy’s history or ask a question to fill in Lydia’s backstory.  It breaks the exposition into smaller and more natural chunks that are easier to digest than having to read or hear it all at once.

I’m with Lady Kestrel on this one. I’m glad he came clean with us, though, it was about time.

The new section of the school is very charming, the music is pleasant and I’m curious to learn more.

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Lady Kestrel - 03 April 2021 11:53 PM
Tenebra - 03 April 2021 09:39 PM

That trial was very linear.  Lydia couldn’t leave the room until she passed the test.  Otherwise, they’d have to end the game right there.

There were multiple times when I’m playing the game (on my desk top) and taking a break to check my iPad, and suddenly Zak starts talking.
i’m glad Vegetable Party mentioned the music. Sometimes I find myself thinking I’d like to hear more of that particular song. It fits in well with the medieval look of the game.
I’m anxious to go back to all those floating balls and release the restrictions to see what happens.

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

One thing that found very weak storywise was the explanation and reasoning behind Zak’s behaviour before he apologizes and tells the truth, unless he still lies about some things.

I get it that he is shy and looking desperately for friends but not revealing he is human and saying he is dragon doesnt make sense. Even more, while he was the owner of the book and had allready brewed a potion and knew about the ingredients, he doesnt say anything while you are running around trying to brew one. I mean he could surely give hints for where to look for the ingredients without revealing that he is human.

I know that it had to do with gameplay so you dont get enough hints but it still makes his reasoning for his behavior weak.

Also about crushes, i had 2 so far loosing about half an hour of progress each. I also i had a weird problem when i tried to start the game the third time i played and it wouldnt start. I had to verify the files from steam and somehow it seemed one file got corrupted. Fortunately steam replaced that file and i didnt have to uninstall and reinstall.

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

A question regarding the crashes. Are the crashes happening to those playing the Steam version? I’m playing a hard copy original DVD game, and I’ve not had any issues so far.

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

colpet - 04 April 2021 08:39 AM

A question regarding the crashes. Are the crashes happening to those playing the Steam version? I’m playing a hard copy original DVD game, and I’ve not had any issues so far.

I’m playing the Steam version and I’ve had a few crashes.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Steam as well.

I’m running the game now and it’s smooth sailing. It’s been running in the background for a while now, giving the occassional interaction between Zak and Lydia. I get the sense they’re bonding and I feel that sympathy as well.

I also like Zak’s more spirited side, Lydia being more sensible. I get their different attitudes toward Nathaniel.

That dude.. I don’t know about him. I think he needs help, the kind he probably resents. The backstory is starting do something for me. I feel it’s not just melodramatic, people are driven by genuine shame, inadequacy and hurt, just trying to make it work.

To balance out the gravitas of it all, I saw the path in the background and thought: “Isn’t that where our journey started?” These views from above are my favourite thing in this game.

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

I had 3 more crushes today at the bridge part of second trial and i m on steam. Also it seems the game got negative reviews because of the bugs and technical problems. Tbh, today i was quite annoyed with crashes because running around in the academy somehow feels like i do the running and get tired physically lol. Anyone else has the same feeling? Also Lydia with all this running should be 40 kilos.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top