• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quest For Infamy - a retro 3D Animated Role Playing Adventure Game

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

COOOOL, Thanks Bt ... also i see this animated gif like a great proof the you had reached that roof of the beautiful Sierra’s KQV Engine No Doubt ... looks really lovely .

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

That’s some beautiful background art there. Will it be widescreen? I don’t much like playing with black bars in 4:3 mode.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Here’s the most recent piece I’ve completed for the game.  As you can plainly see, it’s a pile of shit.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

That it is.  I can confirm that this is an actual game asset. I could explain the puzzle where this comes into play, but that might be giving too much away.  Don’t worry; you don’t have to pick this up or anything.

Right now, the game is composed in 4:3 - it runs at 640x480.  I think when all is said and done, though, we make work on a version composed for 16:9, but some time would have to be taken to readjust some assets, etc, and recompose a few things.  I mostly play the game in a window at 960x720 or 1280x960. 

I don’t want to delay release, so I think the 4:3 version would be released, and a 16:9 version later - with those getting the 4:3 version able to get the 16:9 too.

Bt

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I wish games like this would get released on portable consoles and not just pc. You guys should do a PS Vita version. You’d have at the very least one customer!

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 16 August 2013 12:57 PM

I wish games like this would get released on portable consoles and not just pc. You guys should do a PS Vita version. You’d have at the very least one customer!

We are planning some portable console ports!  Android and iOS are in our future, for sure.  I don’t know about PS Vita, yet, but I meet and talk to people all the time that do engine porting and I’ve had some great conversations about stuff.  My hope in the future is to be able to bring the game anywhere it wants to be played!

Bt

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

This sounds relatively interesting but what’s it about? I can’t find a single piece of info about the game’s story. For me that’s what makes me decide whether or not to buy a game so please…inform me.

Edit: never mind I found it. Wasn’t easy though. You guys should think about pushing th story info a bit more to the foreground. It sounds interesting enough though. I’m curious how far you’re willing to push players to “the dark side”.

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Well, how far the player pushes towards the dark side of the moon is really up to them - there are multiple ways to go about many of the events in the game, and they all vary. 

I try not to give away too much of the story in the promotional blurbs for the game, so the experience is decently fresh for the player.

“After your last encounter with the baron’s daughter - and the Baron himself, you - one Mr. Roehm - decide to high tail it out of that kingdom and start over somewhere new.  After hitching a ride in a donkey cart under the cover of darkness, you find yourself in the charming Kingdom of Lonaria - but, for the moment, you’re stuck in the lower half - The Valley of Krasna.  You settle in to the small town of Volksville to try and pass the time until the bridge north is fixed, but people keep pulling you into that kind of life that gets you into trouble.  A hard-nosed sheriff, an odd cult of strange worshippers, a dandy mayor, an old curse and lost treasure all encompass your adventure in Quest For Infamy.”

So, there’s a new little sum up for you.  Basically - you start off playing pretty neutral character - he’s out for himself, looking to stay out of trouble with the law, but not wanting to obey it either.

Bt

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Blackthorne - 16 August 2013 03:31 PM

Well, how far the player pushes towards the dark side of the moon is really up to them - there are multiple ways to go about many of the events in the game, and they all vary. 

I try not to give away too much of the story in the promotional blurbs for the game, so the experience is decently fresh for the player.

“After your last encounter with the baron’s daughter - and the Baron himself, you - one Mr. Roehm - decide to high tail it out of that kingdom and start over somewhere new.  After hitching a ride in a donkey cart under the cover of darkness, you find yourself in the charming Kingdom of Lonaria - but, for the moment, you’re stuck in the lower half - The Valley of Krasna.  You settle in to the small town of Volksville to try and pass the time until the bridge north is fixed, but people keep pulling you into that kind of life that gets you into trouble.  A hard-nosed sheriff, an odd cult of strange worshippers, a dandy mayor, an old curse and lost treasure all encompass your adventure in Quest For Infamy.”

So, there’s a new little sum up for you.  Basically - you start off playing pretty neutral character - he’s out for himself, looking to stay out of trouble with the law, but not wanting to obey it either.

Bt

Hmmm that does still sound more like the Han Solo type of hero than a true roughian but I guess it can also go the other way. In any case I won’t be able to say anything about that till I’ve played the game. But I’m certainly intrigued. Thanks for the extra info.

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Yeah, I’ve always described him as a more Han Solo-ish type to people.  Yeah, he’s not out to cause mayhem for mayhem’s sake, and he’s not insane.  He’s not a causeless ruffian - his cause is himself, but I have left it open for people to play as they want - they can help and earn friendship and trust from some people, or alienate others because of attitude, actions and other things. 

And the end of the game, we have a thing called “The Bastard Meter” which tells you how much of a bastard you were when you played the game.

Bt

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Blackthorne - 16 August 2013 02:46 PM
Kasper F. Nielsen - 16 August 2013 12:57 PM

We are planning some portable console ports!  Android and iOS are in our future, for sure.  I don’t know about PS Vita, yet, but I meet and talk to people all the time that do engine porting and I’ve had some great conversations about stuff.  My hope in the future is to be able to bring the game anywhere it wants to be played!

Bt

There’s currently a serious lack of awesome adventure games on the Vita, so if you guys were to bring the game over I can only imagine it’d do pretty decent numbers.

Even more, if you guys decided to port it to Vita I’d even like to offer you some free PR services to push that release. Credential-wise I’m part-owner of a small video PR firm who most notably have handled the developer diary video series for the Rise of the Triad reboot that was released not long ago.

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 16 August 2013 04:03 PM

There’s currently a serious lack of awesome adventure games on the Vita, so if you guys were to bring the game over I can only imagine it’d do pretty decent numbers.

Even more, if you guys decided to port it to Vita I’d even like to offer you some free PR services to push that release. Credential-wise I’m part-owner of a small video PR firm who most notably have handled the developer diary video series for the Rise of the Triad reboot that was released not long ago.

I just may have to take you up on that, sir!

Bt

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Vita adventures! I like where this talk is going

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I missed the kickstarter, but I’ll be sure to pre-purchase. Any approximate ETA on the release?

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Three Qs concerning the Demo and the final output..

The voice acting for the demo was just nothing but demo recordings ,right?, I mean this not the final output at least not as the part I played at the demo?

The enlargement of the avatars at dialogue scenes , does it really have to be thaaaat big?

The needing to click on every text box appearing so it would disappear , and not by itself! is that also remaining ?

and the last Q how is it going??, and when we will see Quest for Infamy available at stores?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top