• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GirlbrushThreepWoodshanethewolfUndefined

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quest For Infamy - a retro 3D Animated Role Playing Adventure Game

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Blackthorne - 09 July 2013 12:03 AM

You made them.

Bt

Only the shitty ones.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I love how unashamedly it is a tribute to QFG, from the graphics right down to the title. Quest for Glory! Quest for Infamy! I mean QFG is the best title of all time for an adventure game. Who wouldn’t want Glory? who wouldn’t want to be Infamous? Screw rescuing the princess or finding treasure or other lame material things like that. Glory and Infamy are what adventuring is all about. A Hero doesn’t rescue a princess because he cares about her. He does it for the glory. That’s why QFG was always 1000 times better than King’s Quest.

Total Posts: 122

Joined 2013-04-26

PM

Zifnab - 09 July 2013 01:02 AM

I mean QFG is the best title of all time for an adventure game. Who wouldn’t want Glory? who wouldn’t want to be Infamous? Screw rescuing the princess or finding treasure or other lame material things like that.  A Hero doesn’t rescue a princess because he cares about her. He does it for the glory. That’s why QFG was always 1000 times better than King’s Quest.

What’s in a name? I’m pretty sure that in the QFG games the hero had love interests. Also you’re asking who wouldn’t want to have glory and be infamous at the same time, and the two things are mutually exclusive, as “glory” implies praise and thankfulness by the general populace for noble deeds, while infamy is being famous for doing something bad and reviled by the masses.

Also your comment seems borderline misogynistic. I think a hero would care about rescuing a princess, if for nothing else, because she’s a human being who’s in danger. A hero might not be in love with a princess but they would rescue her just as they’d rescue anyone who needed it.

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

I like where this is going.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

AdorableMogwai - 12 July 2013 08:31 PM
Zifnab - 09 July 2013 01:02 AM

I mean QFG is the best title of all time for an adventure game. Who wouldn’t want Glory? who wouldn’t want to be Infamous? Screw rescuing the princess or finding treasure or other lame material things like that.  A Hero doesn’t rescue a princess because he cares about her. He does it for the glory. That’s why QFG was always 1000 times better than King’s Quest.

What’s in a name? I’m pretty sure that in the QFG games the hero had love interests. Also you’re asking who wouldn’t want to have glory and be infamous at the same time, and the two things are mutually exclusive, as “glory” implies praise and thankfulness by the general populace for noble deeds, while infamy is being famous for doing something bad and reviled by the masses.

Also your comment seems borderline misogynistic. I think a hero would care about rescuing a princess, if for nothing else, because she’s a human being who’s in danger. A hero might not be in love with a princess but they would rescue her just as they’d rescue anyone who needed it.

Hey don’t blame me, I don’t make the rules. You obviously don’t know your Hero-ology, of which you clearly have a lot to learn. Wink

A Hero (because we’re talking about Heroes here: not heroes which are something entirely different) can appear to care about a princess, true, but his real motivation is Glory. You’ll notice that when Hero in QFG performs a rescue of this kind, he earns points, enabling him to gain skills and maximize his stats. Do you really think he’d bother with a princess if she didn’t lead to points? Haha, no. That (besides glory itself) is his only other goal, for it enables him to perform higher deeds and achieve even more glory. If he lets his feelings get in the way of this real goal (glory) then he has failed in his Quest.

This is not a Quest for Love or Quest for Feminine Affections. What’s in a name? Everything.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Nah, one can still enjoy doing good deeds even if they get rewarded for it, those aren’t mutually exclusive.

The bigger danger lies in this.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2013-04-26

PM

Zifnab - 13 July 2013 12:48 AM

You’ll notice that when Hero in QFG performs a rescue of this kind, he earns points, enabling him to gain skills and maximize his stats.

The two primary drives humans have are self-preservation and reproduction. The point of gaining skills, glory, and stats to begin with is to impress girls. The ultimate goal is to get a princess to marry and have children with, and level gain and daring rescue is just a means to impress that princess enough that she marries him, or, if not a princess, another love interest.

Also, as Millenia pointed out, the two aren’t mutually exclusive. He can enjoy getting points and rescuing the princess at the same time.

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

AdorableMogwai - 13 July 2013 12:18 PM

The ultimate goal is to get a princess to marry and have children with, and level gain and daring rescue is just a means to impress that princess enough that she marries him, or, if not a princess, another love interest.

I can absolutely guarantee you that QFI’s Roehm is not interested in marriage.  Wink

Joined 2013-04-26

PM

Lambonius - 13 July 2013 04:41 PM

The ultimate goal is to get a princess to marry and have children with, and level gain and daring rescue is just a means to impress that princess enough that she marries him, or, if not a princess, another love interest.

I can absolutely guarantee you that QFI’s Roehm is not interested in marriage.  Wink

Replace marry with another verb then.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

AdorableMogwai - 14 July 2013 09:47 PM
Lambonius - 13 July 2013 04:41 PM

Replace marry with another verb then.

Copulate?  Yeah. He’s down with that.

Bt

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

So what is new here, when is the release date?, anything new happening with this project that we must know about… any updates!!

and last Q, how you Guys paying your Crew of Artists and designers ...etc ,with that small goal you asked for, i think that dough must had been finished a loooong while a ago .

P.S: this Q is REALLY out of curiosity , i might be known with sarcasm but i am really curious about how does the Kickstarter’s money handled in general and for QfI Esp. as it one of the Kickstartered project (ooh Kickstarters!!) Sealed Lips that asked for even less than what anyone can describe as reasonable goal .

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Wait, the other artists are getting paid?!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lambonius - 16 August 2013 11:39 AM

what do mean , by logic does people leave there lives and dedicate their time or some of it to work on ANY kind of project without getting paid? .. maybe they get royalties like what Ken did with all of his Staff and crew ..but i don’t know and that is why i am asking… and if its a secret then let it be .

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Advie - 16 August 2013 11:44 AM
Lambonius - 16 August 2013 11:39 AM

what do mean , by logic does people leave there lives and dedicate their time or some of it to work on ANY kind of project without getting paid? .. maybe they get royalties like what Ken did with all of his Staff and crew ..but i don’t know and that is why i am asking… and if its a secret then let it be .

Heh…I was just joking, man.  Wink  I am one of the artists, and I have been paid.

As to the rest of your questions, I’ll let Bt speak for the project; I’m sure he can provide some info.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Hey there - the game is just progressing as it’s being put together - we’re kind of at that stage where it’s more programming, testing and finding bugs - as almost 99% of the art work is done, save for a few things here and there (and whatever else we end up adding as we discover more things we might need!) but it’s flowing on down the river. 

As for me, I’ve been doing fun things, like putting some parallax scrolling effects on some screens which scroll in game.  It adds a nice little depth to certain places in the game.

Click here for an animated GIF - about 2mb This gif shows a rough display of that.

So, now, we’re just assembling a lot of the assets in the engine, and programming how they work with each other - implementing the dialogue and story, quests, side quests and mini-games - all the guts of a game.

Yes - with our crew - many were paid upfront with what we got, and we also have profit sharing and percentages on future sales with them.  We have a certain amount set aside for physical rewards as well, and yes - it’s true like they said - they eat up a good portion of your budget.  We didn’t have as many backers on our campaign as some others - many pledged digital, but it’s still a fair chunk of change.  I can imagine it’s much, much larger for a bigger project with more physical rewards.

And here is a screenshot of our KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) inventory and equip screen!  It’s possible to obtain several different swords, suits of armor, and “bracers” which affect your abilities - equiping them is simple - you just drag and drop from your inventory to the equip section on the left.

So, there ya go - a little bit of an update.  The heart of the matter is that we’re just trucking on, programming, refining, and working to make this a really fun game!

Bt

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top