• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dreamfall: Chapters

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

I’m rather surprised- and delighted- to see Mr. Schafer endorse the campaign.

Gives me warm fuzzy feelings seeing adventure makers supporting each other! Smile

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2011-02-01

PM

I’ve donated $25, can’t wait for this to happen Smile

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Manuel Calavera - 10 February 2013 12:02 PM

I’ve donated $25, can’t wait for this to happen Smile

me too today and the same figure Smile
————————————————

who else got the feeling that this Kickstarter will be the mother of them (Adventure’s) ALL and it will exceed its Goal and even the Tim DF’s ?!

i actually can say that its not a just a feeling i do bet on what i say, the guys worked really hard on promoting this campaign , just looking at the Game Hero and the Quality they offered so far, makes me think like that !!!!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Advie - 10 February 2013 05:05 PM

who else got the feeling the this Kickstarter will be the mother of them (Adventure’s) ALL and it will exceed its Goal and even the Tim DF’s ?!

Nah, it will reach 1-1,3 million.

Advie - 10 February 2013 05:05 PM

just looking at the Game Hero and the Quality they offered so far makes me think that !!!!

I share the enthusiasm about the legendary series (and of my fav games) getting another installment, but I’m not impressed with what campaign has offered so far. The model is pretty generic and a little bit soulless. The screenshots (the city streets and the forest) present little to form an opinion. The promo video is nothing to write home about, too. I’d say the campaign is riding high (and deservedly so) on the legacy of previous games.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

you sound so positive Diego as if you are a fortuneteller ... why only 1-1,3 million?!!

you don’t see that kickstarter potential to exceed 3 Million at least!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I wouldn’t mind it hitting the 5 millions, but in order to get 2,3… millions, I think the team would need to show quite a more of art/animations (I’m sure they will along the way) because for that kind of money you need to attract gamers who’re not familiar with the series, but also to convince those who are familiar but might be having a second thought about backing.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

The team would also have to show some enthusiasm, maybe even some form of passion. Their presentation sucks majorly. You want me to read this text? Okay boss, whatever you say, as long as I get paid.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

but what did Tim for instance/at the 1st place  offer or show/talk-about but his great history of achievements?

but anyway i thought of that expectation because we had been out of greatly Funded and really big production (money wise) Adventures since god knows when!! ... can anyone imagine that Riven Budget was 10 Millions and that was more than 2 decades ago (or almost) ,and that figure now isn’t considered that much or as much (money) as it valued back-then/before!!! ..
i can assume that the budget of Riven’s soundtrack only (by itself), can exceed the budget of many successful games that came after what a shame, i just don’t want adventure gaming to end up sharing the same fate of Rock Music ..

yeah we ALL Love Resonance and Gemimi Rue and Cat-Lady , but PP are hungry for a great pictures, animations, art and Graphics ...etc

i used to choose my Adventure back then or several years ago not by reading a review , a summary or if its the game of the year or else ,only just by looking at one or two the games’s screens was enough.

anyone knows that putting two screens one from Gemini-Rue Next to another from GK1 would find out that the latter is the better looking one ! , with those 20 years difference in-between!!!

i hope Dreamfall Chapters would help (with the other hyped projects on the horizon) to put an end to this Contemporary market and snatch Adventure gaming out of this shadowy phase without losing or giving up on its Classical core .

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2008-11-29

PM

Fien - 10 February 2013 07:11 PM

The team would also have to show some enthusiasm, maybe even some form of passion. Their presentation sucks majorly. You want me to read this text? Okay boss, whatever you say, as long as I get paid.

I think you are completely right - the sad part is, this is what we call “enthusiasm” in Norway. Anything more than this would be considered “over the top,” and the person would probably feel like - and be seen as, by fellow Norwegians - a “clown.” We are very “stiff,” one could say. It’s a cultural thing, I guess.

“Welcome to Norway. We do have emotions, it’s just taboo to expose them too much.” xD

Advie - 10 February 2013 07:20 PM

i used to choose my Adventure back then or even a several years ago not by reading a review , a summary or if its the game of the year, just by looking at one screen or two was enough.

This is very true. People do choose games from screenshots and videos they look at, and so it is important to have a good looking game - and actually have stuff from the game to show people. Smile

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

So, it’s at 567K as I write this.  What’s really interesting about this to me, is that if you do the math, the average contribution by each backer is around $60.  Obviously, there’s a big spread, so I’m sure the median contribution is much lower.  I don’t follow Kickstarters closely, but this seems very high compared to other recent Kickstarters, where it seems like the average is much lower.  And the figure’s that high even with a relative lack of goodies to go along with higher contributions.  So, it seems to me that people really are giving whatever they think they can out of excitement for the project.  Which is really cool.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Interplay - 10 February 2013 09:27 PM

So, it’s at 567K as I write this.  What’s really interesting about this to me, is that if you do the math, the average contribution by each backer is around $60.  Obviously, there’s a big spread, so I’m sure the median contribution is much lower.  I don’t follow Kickstarters closely, but this seems very high compared to other recent Kickstarters, where it seems like the average is much lower.

The average tends to decrease over time, because the “casual” backers who come late tend to pledge less than the hardcore fans who pledge immediately. Still, $60 seems like a typical average. Broken Sword ended at $55 for instance (as did Project Eternity). Sure, you’ll find lower numbers (DFA at $38, Larry at $47), but you’ll also find much higher averages for projects with a smaller but very passionate fan base ($67 for Hero-U, $75 for Jane Jensen, $86 for Tex Murphy). So $60 after 3 days is pretty standard.

Speaking of numbers: it seems that, for “typical” campaigns, approximately a third of the total (or a bit less) is reached within the first 3 days. So if things run smoothly, I’d expect Dreamfall Chapters to end at around $2 million.

Total Posts: 212

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

This “Early-Bird” tier annoys me greatly. Ideally I’d just like to back $15 like I did with most of the other projects, going up to $20 wouldn’t be a problem, but the fact that I’m being penalised for only finding out about the project today, and am now expected to stump up $25 for something other people are getting for $20 just irritates me on principle.

I back Kickstarters because it makes me happy to feel like I’m contributing to something. This situation doesn’t make me happy. I’m going to be grumpy and refuse to pledge until the final hours of the campaign, at which point I’ll re-evaluate how I feel.

Oh, and I kinda agree with Fien; that pitch video was 9 minutes of bore. Make me excited, damn it!

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

To insinuate that the team doesn’t care “as long as they get paid” is absurd. Many people feel awkward in front of cameras (see: almost every Kickstarter video ever) and don’t feel comfortable heightening their enthusiasm for this sort of thing, even if they are extremely excited in real life.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

orient - 11 February 2013 12:22 AM

To insinuate that the team doesn’t care “as long as they get paid” is absurd. Many people feel awkward in front of cameras (see: almost every Kickstarter video ever) and don’t feel comfortable heightening their enthusiasm for this sort of thing, even if they are extremely excited in real life.

I agree with you on that , not all the Devs and Designers ...  have Tim’s charismatic appearance .

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

orient - 11 February 2013 12:22 AM

To insinuate that the team doesn’t care “as long as they get paid” is absurd.

So I exaggerated a little… Innocent

It’s not just the lacklustre pitch video though. As others have said, the few art samples (Zoe!) don’t look all that appealing, and the rewards aren’t very interesting. I couldn’t care less about the confusing differences between the various Collector’s Editions… Dreamer’s, Limited, Complete, Digital, Director’s, etcetera. The project will be succesful thanks to the track record of Thornquist and his team. In spite of the presentation.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top