• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

My Dune

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dreamfall: Chapters

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2011-07-29

PM

GreyFuss - 08 February 2013 10:38 AM

I am one of those that are not a big fan of The Longest Journey. The first game was lovely and I liked the game play but the never ending, inane dialog put me off so much that I was bored. With Dreamfall the keyboard controls and the fact that that it wasn’t much of a “game” more like an interactive story put me off.

Agree with all of this. I don’t understand why adventure game players still praise games that make us listen to boring dialogue for 15 minutes at a time. There are better ways to tell interactive stories.

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2008-11-29

PM

Pledged! Very much looking forward to this. And I, for one, enjoy the fantastically written dialogue. Wink

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2010-06-20

PM

$250000 already… WOO HOO!

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2009-12-05

PM

I’ve made my pledge. I just wish I could do $1000. I would love to be a character in the game.

JBHypno

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

My stone cold heart is melting.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Yeah, I’m breaking my adventure game KS boycott for this. I’m not even a huge TLJ fan, I just want to see more ambitious, modern 3D adventure games.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Frogacuda - 08 February 2013 05:43 PM

Yeah, I’m breaking my adventure game KS boycott for this. I’m not even a huge TLJ fan, I just want to see more ambitious, modern 3D adventure games.

I don’t understand why you would even have a boycott. lol Punish the Adventure genre why dontcha! lol

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Holy wow, it’s almost at 300k. I didn’t think The Longest Journey had the kind of name to draw in that amount of money this quickly. I guess adventure fans have recuperated some money after spending big in 2012.

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

thejobloshow - 08 February 2013 07:34 PM

Holy wow, it’s almost at 300k. I didn’t think The Longest Journey had the kind of name to draw in that amount of money this quickly. I guess adventure fans have recuperated some money after spending big in 2012.

I guarantee that it has something to do with Dreamfall and not TLJ. All because of its change in gameplay and broader audience, practically all gamers know of it and had experience it….hot damn, I just thought about some of the good times play in….time to play it.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2003-12-18

PM

Just saw this in the news section of the site—which made my day! Instant pledge from me.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

Wow—I knew Dreamfall Chapters would be a popular campaign due to the anticipation Ragnar had built before the launch, but this is going to eclipse all other high-profile adventure Kickstarters (sans DFA, obviously). $350,000 in what…2 days? Kicktraq has it trending towards five million which is completely unrealistic, but I’d be surprised if it didn’t break one and a half.

I guess a lot of people want to find out what happens to April and Zoe. The fact that Dreamfall had multiple cliffhangers makes Chapters feel like an absolute necessity. It’s like if Sega announced a Shenmue III Kickstarter.

Who knew that TLJ had far more clout than the likes of Broken Sword? I would’ve put them on even footing before this in terms of popularity, but I guess not!

Pledged, obviously. The early footage looks great. I can’t wait.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

I’d still be very surprised if it gets to one million.

Some, however, might accuse me of being a pessimist.

We’ll see…

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

orient - 09 February 2013 01:36 AM

I guess a lot of people want to find out what happens to April and Zoe. The fact that Dreamfall had multiple cliffhangers makes Chapters feel like an absolute necessity. It’s like if Sega announced a Shenmue III Kickstarter.

This!

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

A.A - 09 February 2013 03:07 AM

I’d still be very surprised if it gets to one million.

Some, however, might accuse me of being a pessimist.

We’ll see…

At least there would be no room for disappointment for you. Grin

Total Posts: 132

Joined 2007-02-10

PM

JuntMonkey - 08 February 2013 03:04 PM

Agree with all of this. I don’t understand why adventure game players still praise games that make us listen to boring dialogue for 15 minutes at a time. There are better ways to tell interactive stories.

As much as TLJ could be long-winded at times, I’m thankful for any game that’s willing to have lots of characters and plenty of dialogue choices as it seems to be one of the things that’s suffered most in the last few years of cost-cutting. 

I hate playing games where you just wander around a spooky old empty house and discover ‘clues’/props that are all the game designer can be bothered to add in terms of characterisation.  The Tex/Gabriel/TLJ games all had goofy or melodramatic plots but they all had very real characters because of it - bring on the mega-dialogues Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top