• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Big Hollow - a rural noir murder mystery from Krams Design

Total Posts: 39

Joined 2009-09-30

PM

Recently announced The Big Hollow officially along with a short teaser and a few screenshots on my website, so thought I should share it here too…

The Big Hollow is a mystery game set in the sleepy mining town of Culditch Creek where it’s up to you to solve the murder of the young and seemingly innocent Josie-May. Play as Logan, a woman with a mysterious connection to the ill-fated girl, arriving on the one year anniversary of the murder and determined to finish the investigation which has been suspiciously abandoned.

Play through two phases: collecting evidence, and then creating leads.
- Follow your leads: travel to numerous shady locations throughout Culditch Creek and meet many different residents to uncover new evidence.
- Create new leads: piece together new evidence, including audio recordings, photographs, security tapes and more! New leads means more places to explore and more people to question…

Explore an engrossing, mature storyline that delves deep into the nature of its characters and the quiet mining community they live in. Including themes of depression, patriarchy, grief and redundancy, particularly the great challenges of industry change in rural communities, The Big Hollow will look into the dark recesses of human behaviour in order to find the truths of Culditch Creek.

For the teaser video and more screenshots, visit KramsDesign.com, or follow regular updates on twitter, facebook or instagram. Of course I’ll share major updates here too, but smaller regular ones will be more likely through these. Thanks for checking it out!

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

This game sounds right up my alley. Just a couple questions, will the game have voice acting, could you explain the Gameplay mechanics more in detail, and will there be a demo and what is the release date you think?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wow, we ve been waiting for this for such while now.

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Really dig the look of the art style and character designs. Excited to see more.

Total Posts: 39

Joined 2009-09-30

PM

Jdawg445 - 03 February 2021 07:56 AM

This game sounds right up my alley. Just a couple questions, will the game have voice acting, could you explain the Gameplay mechanics more in detail, and will there be a demo and what is the release date you think?

Of course, full voice acting! There’s internal thoughts which will likely be text only, mostly to help differentiate internal from external.

Gameplay mechanics are basically this - a day of investigation will involve you checking out a number of locations and people that are on your list of leads that you have. You will discuss aspects of the murder with these people, but importantly you will need to photograph key areas of interest around these locations. This could be an engraving, or a tombstone, or even something odd like a pile of boxes with medical markings on them in an old barn. Further you will over time collect items of evidence, such as video security tapes, police reports, and more.

At the end of the day, the player will be back in their hotel room where they can look over the new items they’ve collected. Conversations can be played back over with tape recordings of each, reports can be looked over, and (more significantly) Logan’s phone can be used to search up names, places and events that you’ve learnt about (for example, the name of someone who looked over Josie-May’s body in the police report can be researched and an address found to follow up on). Other leads can be created through a kind of matching puzzle, where highlighting one evidence and connecting it to another can reveal a new lead (for instance, a photo of a gang tattoo matched to a photo of a person where the tattoo is visible).

Long winded reply, but hope that enlightens you! Each day will follow this pattern until you have more and more evidence, making it a little more difficult each day to connect ideas as the complexity of the case grows…

Release date will likely be early to mid 2023 sadly, so still a ways off, but a demo will be out later this year.

Thanks for the interest everyone!

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Sounds very good. Having a phase of evidence gathering and another with an evidence matching puzzle mechanic reminds me a lot of Ace Attorney. Which is great company to keep as one of my favorite adventure games of all time.

Good luck with the project, definitely keeping an eye on this game.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The art style reminds me of Anna’s Quest. And since that’s because it’s by the same designer, this immediately gets on my “most anticipated games” list. Thumbs Up
Looking forward to it!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top