• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Upcoming adventure games you’re REALLY excited about

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The Feeble Files is a tough game puzzle-wise, but I loved its humor.  It also had the most unexpected and funniest ending of any game I’ve ever played.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

DCast - 29 May 2021 02:05 AM
Origami - 28 May 2021 06:16 PM

Ace Attorney Chronicles!

Dai Gyakuten Saiban 1+2 are hitting the western markets finally and will also be released on steam.

I already pre-purchased the Chronicles Content  Very stoked. Ace Attorney series is fantastic - it’s a shame they didn’t release all the existing ones for PC.

Couldn’t find anything on Dai Gyakuten on Steam yet, but I’m assuming it’s part of the series?

Dai Gyakuten Saiban 1 and 2 are the original titles that make up AA Chronicles. So two games packaged as one in its western release(or separate games sold together dunno).

If they release these games I don’t see how they won’t release the rest. Only a matter of time.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

walas74 - 30 May 2021 05:31 AM
DCast - 27 May 2021 11:31 PM

And I have no idea how I missed Old Skies, but yep - right on the list it goes. As a side note - I’d love for Wadjet Eye to make something along my favorite game of theirs - “Emerald City Confidential”.

Thank you!

Thanks for defending Emerald City Confidential. I translated it a few years ago thinking it was a causal game and I loved it!

You know, I think it was the same for me. I don’t remember what platform I found it on, but I thought of it as casual at first as well, and now I consider it a hidden gem by Wadjet.

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Karlok - 30 May 2021 09:12 AM

And I know I’ve said it before, but I will say it again: The Last Express on Steam and on mobile phones is completely ruined with its bullshit achievements, NPC biographies and pop-ups. Anything to please the casual player. Worst of all, the credits have disappeared, which is kind of criminal because they are an important part of the experience.

I’m so used to it by now, I don’t even notice (unless it’s the kind that gives you achievement for every open door). But I got to thank you for moving it to the top of my list, when we were discussing sexy characters in adventure games and you mentioned Robert Cath Cool
I don’t remember about the credits on Steam, but I wouldn’t have known, obviosuly, that something was wrong if it was taken out prior me playing. For some reasons, I can’t see myself playing The Last Express on mobile, but I’m sure people do fine with that. The more of them tried the game - the better!

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Lady Kestrel - 30 May 2021 02:48 PM

The Feeble Files is a tough game puzzle-wise, but I loved its humor.  It also had the most unexpected and funniest ending of any game I’ve ever played.

I liked the humor too! Even more sure now that I’ll be replaying it on 22nd to welcome it to Steam Smile

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Well, what’s with the news at AG and a Steam page - I’m going to add Alfred Hitchcock - Vertigo here.

I’m one of those that loved Runaway trilogy, really enjoyed The Next Big Thing and liked Blacksad (despite terrible controls and battling with camera angles), so I’ll always look forward to what Pendulo will put out next. Yesterday duology was decent enough as well, although it didn’t really wow or anything.

I like Hitchcock as well, so… This could be really good. Or wonky as hell. But regardless - I’m anticipating it now and hoping for the best!

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

I’m going to drop two games here that I have recently played a demo of, and I really REALLY ( Wink ) liked what I saw. I hope some of you get to, if not play the demo, then at least check it out and see if it’s something you’ll enjoy.

First one is - The Beacon Pines

It’s a hand-drawn, story-rich adventure where you play a group of teens (animal ones - it seems to be trendy), and you will be making your own story as you go along, because the main character picks up words throughout the game (it is a storybook) and can use different ones to answer any dialogue prompts that in turn will change the story, which was really involved and kinda crazy and slice-of-life-ish at the same time. This nifty mechanic makes things a lot more exciting, as you get to say that something was say ... “dangerous” and get dangerous turn of events, “funny” and get a hilarious one, or even “shitty” - and get… well, you caught my drift.

This game looks like nothing I would play on the first glance (so if you feel the same - I hear you, but urge you to try the demo nonetheless - it may (will!) surprise you), but I’m really glad I did! I hope to put this little adventure on people’s radar. It seems to be really cool, beautifully drawn, very polished (at least the bit that was available) and kinda reminded me of the kid’s detective stories I used to read in my childhood. Enjoyed this one way more than I anticipated.

Second one is completely different (but also awesome) -  The Rewinder

Adventure detective game based on Chinese mythology. You play as the Rewinder - a spiritual detective of sort - someone who can investigate what happens by dipping into the spirit world and people’s memories. You have the ability to rewind time at your disposal, and it was used in puzzles in a variety of ways, which added a feeling of a novelty to solving them. You also get to influence people’s minds (in their memories/spiritual plane) which will have an effect in the present. I really enjoyed puzzle element in the demo that was just released, and the quite refreshing setting. Give this one a look as well - I think (hope) we will have a quality mystery point’n'click coming this fall.

EDIT: Seems sad with no images, so I added some

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Don’t know if there are fellow “Psychonauts” fans in this forum (since it’s a platformer as much as an adventure, and AG doesn’t seem to have the first game in the database), but the “Psychonauts 2” just posted a release date of August 25! (and the price tag of $60)

The fist part will undoubtedly enter my top-10 games of all time, as I think the mental/boss/door sections are absolutely genius and provide for one of the most brilliant puzzle-solving variety (lots of it with platforming) within a single game, ever. Since I came by original game because Tim Schafer was the power behind it (as he is with the second game), I always mentally associated it with adventure even though it’s has another strong element.
I figured I’ll drop the news here in case someone else is interested in these games.

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

DCast - 13 June 2021 08:07 PM

Don’t know if there are fellow “Psychonauts” fans in this forum (since it’s a platformer as much as an adventure, and AG doesn’t seem to have the first game in the database), but the “Psychonauts 2” just posted a release date of August 25! (and the price tag of $60)

The fist part will undoubtedly enter my top-10 games of all time, as I think the mental/boss/door sections are absolutely genius and provide for one of the most brilliant puzzle-solving variety (lots of it with platforming) within a single game, ever. Since I came by original game because Tim Schafer was the power behind it (as he is with the second game), I always mentally associated it with adventure even though it’s has another strong element.
I figured I’ll drop the news here in case someone else is interested in these games.

I haven’t played Psychonauts, but I will one day, I’m sure, and I’m pretty sure I’ll love it. I know Psychonauts 2 is one of the most wishlisted sequels from the PS2 era this side of Beyond Good & Evil, so I’m glad it’s finally happening. Definitely curious how it turns out and how it’ll sell. My guess: It’ll turn out great, it will sell bleh. 10-15 years from now it’ll be cool to like it, and a few more people will buy it when it’s already too late.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Baron_Blubba - 13 June 2021 08:14 PM

I haven’t played Psychonauts, but I will one day, I’m sure, and I’m pretty sure I’ll love it. I know Psychonauts 2 is one of the most wishlisted sequels from the PS2 era this side of Beyond Good & Evil, so I’m glad it’s finally happening. Definitely curious how it turns out and how it’ll sell. My guess: It’ll turn out great, it will sell bleh. 10-15 years from now it’ll be cool to like it, and a few more people will buy it when it’s already too late.

The original game is currently $9.99 on Steam and $4.99 (50% off) on GOG.

I will be replaying it somewhere towards mid- or end of July to do refresher before the second part, so as a fellow CPT-addict I’ll offer you to play it with me if you are interested. Two notes:

- it’s a large, involved game that has a bunch of collecting/secret stuff and such besides the main plotline, so you can play it at a rather leisurely pace along with other adventures, and it will probably take a quite some time to finish

- if you happened to have it on PS - maybe it will be better for you? I have never played it on anything but PC, so I know I had to re-assign a few keys and some sections can be challenging - don’t know of you’re averse to that

Let me know! If you like Schafer’s work - you’ll guaranteed to at least like the game.

P.S. I absolutely LOVE Beyond Good & Evil!

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

I think I have it on PS2. If not, I’ll get it for that.
I made it pretty far in BG&E a couple years ago, then I moved and started a new business and it fell by the wayside. It was really good, though! I’ll probably play both games this winter. Until then I am usually too busy playing outside in my free time for much console gaming.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

DCast - 27 May 2021 12:23 PM
TheLongestJourney - 27 May 2021 11:38 AM
DCast - 26 May 2021 09:28 PM

Backbone just posted an 8th of June release date after a looong wait… Is anyone looking forward to this one?
I’ll try almost anything with a “noir” tag, but this one looks really promising, and the prologue (that you can still try as a demo on Steam) was rather intriguing.

I’m a kickstarter backer so I am looking forward to it. I’m not sure how well I’ll do at the stealth sections, but I hope there’s an easy mode.

For those of you looking forward to Harold Halibut, Twelve Minutes, The Big Con or NORCO you can book a ticket to play an exclusive demo at the Tribeca Games Festival using the Parsec app here.

Thank you so much for that! NORCO and The Big Con are games I’ve been looking forward to for a long time. I’m excited to try them out.

Also - what an interesting way to try a demo. It’s a first for me, where I have to “buy a tucket” (it’s free) for a very strict time slot and a timed demo. I couldn’t find a slot for 12 Minutes any longer - everything is marked as “sold out”  Grin

Did you get a chance to play NORCO or The Big Con yet?

I played both of them yesterday and it was a lot of fun. NORCO is by far my most anticipated game of 2021 and getting to play such a long demo solidified that.

I have tickets for Harold Halibut and Sable booked for Thursday so I’m excited for to check those out too. This exclusive demo concept has made this my favorite e3 by far.

It’s cool that you liked The Rewinder. I was also impressed by what I saw in the demo.

Another game I just discovered on the AGS forum is called
Pedro’s Adventures in Spanish The pixel art looks great and I’m super impressed that they were able to get voice acting for everything in the game. I don’t speak Spanish at all, but this looks like a fun way to learn and I’m happy to see that we don’t have long to wait.

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

TheLongestJourney - 14 June 2021 12:40 AM

Did you get a chance to play NORCO or The Big Con yet?

I played both of them yesterday and it was a lot of fun. NORCO is by far my most anticipated game of 2021 and getting to play such a long demo solidified that.

I have tickets for Harold Halibut and Sable booked for Thursday so I’m excited for to check those out too. This exclusive demo concept has made this my favorite e3 by far.

It’s cool that you liked The Rewinder. I was also impressed by what I saw in the demo.

Another game I just discovered on the AGS forum is called
Pedro’s Adventures in Spanish The pixel art looks great and I’m super impressed that they were able to get voice acting for everything in the game. I don’t speak Spanish at all, but this looks like a fun way to learn and I’m happy to see that we don’t have long to wait.

Yes, I did! And you’re right - NORCO will stay as one of my most anticipated games of 2021 (and I really hope they won’t push the date).

I haven’t booked Harold Halibut - let me know how you’ll like it, as the game has been in development since forever, and there was lots of radio silence.

Also, I haven’t been able to get a spot for Twelve Minutes, but I was glad to find that they just posted a release date of August 19th on Steam! It seems like a really unique concept, and I’m a big fan of Willem Dafoe - I think it’s really cool to have his voice featured in this game (along James McAvoy and Daisy Ridley). I highly recommend for people to check out the trailer - it seems to be an intruguing, original title. It can sure go either way - be totally awesome or a complete disappointment, but I’m willing to give it a try upon release to find out.

Pedro’s Adventures in Spanish added to wishlist.  Thumbs Up  I actually just came back from quite remote part of Mexico, and I did fairly well with my rudimentary Spanish - which means I didn’t totally suck and managed to get around rural parts just fine, so I’m curious how cool/challenging linguistically this game will be.

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

I also just came across something that ticked all my boxes, and AG doesn’t have in database yet - The Bookwalker!

It looks a bit like “Stasis” to me, visually (which I’m a huge fan of), and the description starts with “You’re a thief with an ability to dive into books”... That might just be a dream that may “sort of” come true in this game - getting into the different worlds of books was something I always daydreamed about, so this little thing goes straight to the top of my ever-expanding wishlist!

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

DCast - 14 June 2021 05:26 AM

I also just came across something that ticked all my boxes, and AG doesn’t have in database yet - The Bookwalker!

It looks a bit like “Stasis” to me, visually (which I’m a huge fan of), and the description starts with “You’re a thief with an ability to dive into books”... That might just be a dream that may “sort of” come true in this game - getting into the different worlds of books was something I always daydreamed about, so this little thing goes straight to the top of my ever-expanding wishlist!

I once played a game where the main character had similar powers. It wasn’t very good.

https://www.mobygames.com/game/pagemaster_

But seriously, Bookwalker looks cool. The idea of merging the book-diving idea with a thieving initiative is a good one. I like the isometric view, too. Thanks for sharing this.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top