• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

49 New Adventure Games! The Adventure Game Challenge

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2018-04-04

PM

I’ve waited until the results were announced to post about this since the quality of jam games can be all over the place and didn’t want people here to slog through unfinished or poorly executed games to find the gems.

But the results are now announced for the Adventure Game Challenge jam and there are some really great ones. I highly recommend playing any of the games in the top 20. Below that, they can get a bit more unfinished and have some issues which prevent them from being at the top, but many down there also have their charms as well.

https://itch.io/jam/104-adventure-game-challenge/results

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2020-10-21

PM

I agree that some jam games can be a bit low quality, but be aware that some of them may be updated and improved after the jam ends. Do you by the way have a Favorited game from the jam?

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2018-04-04

PM

My personal favorite is actually the game that came in #1 in the jam. I was one of the judges, so I did have a say in that getting #1, but I wasn’t the only judge. the other judges obviously agreed that is a great game.

I would say any of the top 10 are phenomenal games, and any of the top 20 are good games, but that should come as no surprise.

One game which I personally really liked which did not make the top 20 was The Remains of Gary Hendrix. It came in 36th, and rightfully so as it is clunky, sometimes a bit buggy and uses some placeholder art instead of real art. However, if you can get past that, it’s a really hilariously weird game, and fully voice acted by the dev who is an actual child.

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2020-10-21

PM

I have now played the games that ended 1 and 2 plus “The Remains of Gary Hendrix”. And I can’t say that the two top scoring games is not good games, but I liked the creativity and weirdness in “The Remains of Gary Hendrix” and I actually found it more interesting and fun to play.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top