• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Jim Walls (Police Quest) is going to make another game!

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

I’ve edited this post to reflect the news Jim shared with Chris Pope at the end of their podcast discussion.

Twitch.tv page is here. The video should be archived for you to check out soon. Jim announces his plan to make a new game near the end.

He mentioned kickstarter as a likelihood. Great news! Looks like the success of the other Sierra vet kickstarters awakened something in Jim.

It won’t be Police Quest, but that’s the type of game he’s going for. Updates may be forthcoming at his personal website here:

http://jimwallsreloaded.us/

It’s very early, so I guess it won’t launch for at least a few months. He’s going to need a lot of help reconnecting with fans on Facebook/Twitter and building up pre-kickstarter awareness. If you’d like to help Jim with web design or other graphic/social aspects, you can get in touch with him via his website above.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

And surprise, surprise, Jim Walls has just announced he’ll be approaching Kickstarter to create a new adventure game! Hopefully, he’ll have some great talent assisting him.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Interesting. Police Quest V in the works?

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

And the industry-wide assault on my wallet and bank account continues…I’ll eat Ramen noodles for 10 years, I don’t care. Just happy that most of these people are all back in the game.

Come on Roberta, you know you want to…

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I wonder how Jim Walls will approach this game exactly… There’s no doubt police procedure has changed drastically since the 30 sum years ago when Walls was on the beat! What will a post-9/11 Police Quest look like exactly?

... Naaaaah.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I’d focus on getting this funded before discussing the details. PQ is probably the most underrated of the Sierra games and if there is a huge battalion of die-hard (no pun intended) fans then they are well hidden.

Saying that, I find the prospect of police game of the quality of Open Season or The Vengeance more exciting than any of the other Sierra-related kickstarter projects on offer right now.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Walls hasn’t designed any games in ages and he never did that many to begin with. I’m a bit skeptic of this…

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Police Quest aside (never played it), never knew the guy co-designed Blade Runner also.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Can’t find any mention of him working on it? http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/blade-runner/credits

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

“Walls is sometimes credited as James Walls”

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Ahh, makes sense then. How annoying!

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

I was never a big Police Quest guy, so I’m almost surely going to sit this one out, but I’m loving the rebirth of Sierra. I agree it’s time to coax Roberta back.

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 02 February 2013 08:29 AM

Walls hasn’t designed any games in ages and he never did that many to begin with. I’m a bit skeptic of this…

Perfectly reasonable reaction, and one I think most will have.

I’m curious if maybe he’ll recruit another game co-designer who is more relevant and more active in the gaming public’s eye. “Another Sierra designer” and “Police Quest” may not be enough to convince people. That, or the game concept and pitch video will have to be amazing.

If he can bring one of his Blade Runner co-designers on board, imagine the difference:

“From the creator of Police Quest”

vs.

“From the designers of Blade Runner and Police Quest”

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Oscar - 02 February 2013 04:52 AM

I’d focus on getting this funded before discussing the details. PQ is probably the most underrated of the Sierra games and if there is a huge battalion of die-hard (no pun intended) fans then they are well hidden.

Saying that, I find the prospect of police game of the quality of Open Season or The Vengeance more exciting than any of the other Sierra-related kickstarter projects on offer right now.

There are a lot of PQ fans. Its just you don’t mention anything Police related. Its not cool you know? lol Yeah that sounds stupid but thats how a lot of people act. Meh

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 92

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I love the first two Police Quest games so I’d be a little curious in something new from Jim Walls but I definitely have a lot of hesitation about whether he could design a game in 2013 that would be worthy of giving money to. His creative input in the Sierra games is questionable and the only game he solely designed outside of the company, Blue Force, isn’t very good. I wish him the best but I personally think it’d be a risky endeavor to fund a game by a 70-year old designer who probably hasn’t had a finger on the pulse of the video game world for a while.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

Sounds interesting. I love the Police Quest series.
We actually streamed Police Quest 1 at the Double Fine Game Club a week ago - http://www.twitch.tv/dfgameclub

Story rich DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and linux for direct download - https://fireflowergames.com/. Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top