• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Quantum Prisoner awaits you!

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2020-10-06

PM

Hello adventure gamers!

We are proud to introduce you “The Quantum Prisoner” an adventure/puzzle game at the heart of science and technology, now available in english.

You can play it for free at https://quantum-prisoner.com (or watch the trailer).

Travel all over the world with Zoe, and reveal Artus Cropp’s legacy,  a physicist who mysteriously disappeared in the 60’s after he made an incredible discovery hidden inside the matter.

Here are a few particularities of this game which makes it a bit special:
- The CEA is a french public scientific research organism working in various fields, we are not a professional studio.  The game was “homemade” with our fellow scientists and a ridiculous budget (just 1 dev and 1 artist), that’s why gameplay and graphics are quite simple!
- It’s totally free: no ads, no account required (unless you want to synchronise your progression on several devices). Our sole purpose is to disseminate science and make it fun!
- It features 10 to 12h of gameplay including more than 30 logic or science based, and very original puzzles (have you ever played with a particle accelerator, a fuel cell or a mass spectrometer?)
- Adventure, sci-fi plot, humor, secondary quests…: it’s much more a ” game serious ” than a ” a serious game “. You don’t have to be a scientist to play it, as you can use clues to help you if you’re stuck, but if you’re curious you can also learn more about the science inside the game with many complementary videos.
- It’s a browser-based game, nothing to install, you just need a modern browser (chrome recommended), including smartphones and tabs. It can be installed as a an app (for android) from the website and can also be preloaded to reduce loading times and play offline.

That’s all, hope you’ll like our little game! Feel free to share your comments here or on the discord server.

- The quantum Prisoner team.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Needless to say, I’ll have to give this a try!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

It looks really interesting. I downloaded it already and will probably start as soon as I complete the game I am currently playing.

Total Posts: 288

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Did anybody play through this game?  I’ve been playing it off and on for a month or so this game is *really* long for online browser!  Puzzles make me feel stupid too ha ha ha my brain just can’t cope with all the physics and chemistry.  Luckily hints help ease difficulty of puzzle challenges.  I’m at right around 82% complete now and a bit stuck.  Overall a pretty impressive free browser based adventure game!

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Thanks for bumping this thread! I missed this game entirely. Spent about an hour playing it on my way home, finished the first two screens, and I must say it’s a very nice production, especially for a freeware adventure from a non-gaming company. The style and themes reminded me of Mutropolis somehow (currently my candidate for Aggie Awards). They are really trying their best to make the game both educational and entertaining without dumbing it down. There are clearly adventure fans in CEA. And as someone related to science, I was pleased with the “book test” and popular science videos Smile The game needs more hype.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Doom - I agree with everything you said.  I honestly thought the game was polished enough that there was a good sized budget behind it, but I re-read the intro post and now see just 1 dev and 1 artist did the entire game!  Whoa!  Good job by them, as I have yet to encounter a single bug and think the game graphics are charming and puzzles are hard but doable (with some help from the hint system!).  Bravo to CEA for a job well done!  I’m still stuck at 82% complete but will try to get a bit further tonight.  I should have mentioned they got a perfectly usable save game system too you can save online or offline.

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

I *finally* finished the game last night too yahoo!!  Satisfying end to game it got me thinking a bit.  That last puzzle almost did me in ha ha ha, but after putting in so many hours no way was I going to give up!  I think this game would be easier for somebody just out of high school or college with all their chemistry and physics classes still fresh in their brain.  This game was tough for an old dog like me.  Glad I played through it though, hope they make a sequel.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top