• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445SpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #62 - Lighthouse: The Dark Being

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I have arrived at the fortress. After getting into the safe, I’m not sure I have much life in me to tackle another session, Maybe I can get it done tomorrow before our next objective is announced. I must have spent an hour getting into the safe. Primarily because I didn’t remember/realize that it was possible to limit left/right movement of the submersible. Ergo, I was always overshooting the hole where you place the hook. Once I figured out how to limit movement, I was in the safe in about 30 seconds. To say that I was a little annoyed/upset is a massive understatement.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thank you, SoccerDude, for letting us know you called the bat plane from the temple.  I went back and did it.  One of my problems was I had forgotten about the fussy up arrow to view the ladder, and then I tried to click the remote on it instead of bringing the remote forward in inventory for a closeup view.  Once I got up to the launch room, it was just a matter of figuring out which button did what.  When the video started, I did a happy dance.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thank you from me too SoccerDude!  Thumbs Up After fiddling with the whistle I was eventually able to call the bat plane back to the Roost.  Smile

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Question: I’m still at the Fortress. I’ve made a part in the Foundry. I’ve found the second bird plane, and what I presume is the key to the statue. Do I really to fly it anywhere? I kind of assumed that the third location on the sub screen was the volcano, and I would use the sub to get there.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It doesn’t hurt to take a nice ride because you can come right back.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Section 5

We will now be entering the lair of the dark being, the volcano, to hopefully defeat the creature and rescue one small girl and her very foolish father from his clutches.

As you navigate the tunnels, be aware of the different colored steam pipes you see because different colors may need powering.  In all but the oldest version of the game, there is a map that can prove helpful to you, but you have to reach a certain location to find it.  I won’t post a picture of the map, but if you find yourself lost before you find your own map, here’s a link to help you out: 
Map

Please note that you now should have 5 of the 7 parts you need to construct the weapon Liryl told us about.  The other 2 you must find in the volcano. 

As usual, save your game often, and play until the end.  There are several possible endings, but only one ideal one.  If you need a nudge or even a big push, let me know.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I decided not to fly, and have arrived at the base of the volcano. (I did read in the WT that flying to the Temple gave you another opportunity to interact with Liryl.) I may go back and try that later.

I remember in this section you will finally make good use of that compass which has been taking up real estate on your screen. I also remember that there is an activity that offers the possibility of death. I don’t know if later versions made death painless. I.e. you are immediately resurrected, and given a second chance, or whether it’s still a “restore from a saved game” - type death. We shall see.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I added spoiler tags to some of your text, RT.

My compass has been stored away in inventory all this time.  I really didn’t need it until now.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I’m finally at the volcano. Got seriously stuck on that monster, finally used a walkthrough and still not sure how one solves him. For starters, I thought there were two of them - one guarding the basement, another - the upper level, so I was looking for two solutions: a trap involving planks and a bait involving fish. I did look through the window and saw a creature teasing the monster with a fish, thought “so nice of them to give me a hint”, even though I had already attached the fish to a hook. After that I spent hours running back and forth, I even looked through the window again, but there was no activity at the moment. Finally used the w/t which said I needed to wait 5 times for the monster to enter the tower and quickly run to the basement… But the monster appeared so randomly and moved so slowly, I had to click on the window numerous times and then check the basement, meeting the monster again and again….

This was probably the most frustrating and illogical moment for me so far. But as soon as I crossed the chasm, the game became were easy. I even flew back to the temple and to Martin’s Roost, although I had nothing to do there. BTW at the Roost one can’t go down to the sub’s dock - the arrow just disappears. They created a whole new functional flying machine, but were too lazy to redraw a room without a sub in it?  Laughing

All in all I have mixed feelings about this last part which is weird since it was my favourite part during my first play as far as I remember. I enjoyed tinkering with all those machines and even watching the monster I think. Maybe it had something to do with the order of chapters - pretty sure I went here straight from Martin’s Roost. But now… the most frustrating chapter is coming up, the one I never finished. Oh no Cry

PC means personal computer

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I agree that the chapter we are in is the hardest. I wish we were given specific tasks for each of the days we have until we reach our conclusion. This section is so non-linear, it’s hard to know what we’re supposed to be doing.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Step-by-step instructions are for walkthroughs, but I will say that your first goal should be to find and rescue Amanda, and your second should be to find the missing weapon pieces.  As I said in the opening post for this final chapter, I’ll be glad to help with a hint if you need it.  Take your time and SAVE OFTEN.

Doom,
When looking out the workshop window, you just had to back away from it a click and then go forward again for the scene to change.  At first I was looking for the monster to go into the upper left door, but, of course, it was the right one closer to me instead. I was happy when I finally got it.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1238

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Hi!

I am still at the fortress, but I would like to know: is this one the last section of the game? I mean, we must play it to the end?

If is that so, how much time do we have to do it?

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Yes, the volcano is the last section of the game.  You may do it at your own pace, but it shouldn’t take more than a week, depending on your schedule.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Lady Kestrel - 17 October 2020 12:51 AM

Doom,
When looking out the workshop window, you just had to back away from it a click and then go forward again for the scene to change.  At first I was looking for the monster to go into the upper left door, but, of course, it was the right one closer to me instead. I was happy when I finally got it.

I did this, but the monster just disappeared every time, all I saw was an empty yard. I had to go back and forth to the window, walk around the castle or just stay and wait before it randomly reappeared. No idea why it wasn’t triggered, but I was pretty much stuck even with the w/t.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Doom - 17 October 2020 12:56 PM

I did this, but the monster just disappeared every time, all I saw was an empty yard. I had to go back and forth to the window, walk around the castle or just stay and wait before it randomly reappeared. No idea why it wasn’t triggered, but I was pretty much stuck even with the w/t.

I found that I had to do something. even if was only turning to the left or right and back again for the scene to change.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top