• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Struggled Heroes (in Questioning Humanity/Sanity Adventures?)

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

really wondering and trying to recall the most Struggled Adventure’s Heroes ((as a great fan/sucker of those big life themes (such as Questioning Humanity plots) if that phrase can even exist grammatically , or can pass? .. at least understood!

i make this list of those fucked up/struggled heroes and hardly i can point out my favs as judging Characters (personalities) at Adventure Games would easily (also) get effected by other gaming elements ;such graphics, animations ,Music and facial expressions ...etc
but those games/characters were really something great, too bad they are very rare.

David McNamara (Overclocked)
Peter Wright   (TMoS)
Ray McCoy   (BR)
Gabriel Knight (GK)
Samantha - David Styles (GM)
Richard Rocek (Alternativa)
Zoe Castilo (DF)
Samuel/Darren Gordon (BM)
Max Laughton (Sanitarium)
Roger Samms   (Bad Mojo)
Horatio Nullbuilt (Primordia)
Kate Walker (did she struggle ,really!)

Larry Laffer .. am i for real or ?!! ... Tongue Grin

anyway i guess i go choosing David McNamara though i had always a very soft for Ray McCoy that i felt for him quite deeply ,but maybe just because i recently had finished replaying the Amazing Overclocked .

So ..did i forget some Shifty Eyed  Embarassed  ..., Sure i Did!!

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

All (I Have No Mouth and Must Scream) - all of them went through hell

And also the woman from the Cat Lady, even though I have only played the demo it would be hard to find a more difficult struggle than suicide.

PS Someone should make a “Most Difficult to Understand Advie Thread” thread. (Only joking Advie, I love your threads!) Smile

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Zifnab - 31 January 2013 07:38 PM

All (I Have No Mouth and Must Scream) - all of them went through hell

YEAAAA BIG TIME

PS Someone should make a “Most Difficult to Understand Advie Thread” thread. (Only joking Advie, I love your threads!) Smile

if i had better English i would have been able to make them understood, maybe just a little bit Tongue

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

This fella:

Not only he’s hanged upside down, he also has to:

deal with funny monsters…

crazy old wizards…

strange ice… things…

highwaymen…

vampires…

has to dodge the magic missiles

climb over the chasm

walk the clouds

do the underwater exercises

battle sharks…

has to be turned into pig

has to listen The Slugs orchestra

and escape from the coffin.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

diego - 31 January 2013 08:33 PM

has to listen The Slugs orchestra

Grin
was the Band really that BAD!

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

What game are those screens from, Diego?

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Doesn’t Adrienne from Phantasmagoria get raped? It rarely gets much darker than that for game heroes, sheesh.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

thejobloshow - 01 February 2013 01:37 AM

Doesn’t Adrienne from Phantasmagoria get raped? It rarely gets much darker than that

i guess when memories are nothing but some implants could be more darker ! ..from the hero’s point (imo)

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Zifnab - 31 January 2013 07:38 PM

All (I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream) - all of them went through hell

And also the woman from the Cat Lady, it would be hard to find a more difficult struggle than suicide.

That.

Also, Fortunado, Bernice and the Old Man from The Dark Eye should be added to the list.
In general, games with dark psychological horror like TDE, IHNMAIMS and TCL tend to have that kind of heroes…
(and I loved them! They are all in my Top-20 best games list. Am I deranged or what! Tongue )

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Dag - 31 January 2013 11:21 PM

What game are those screens from, Diego?

Sorry, Curse of Enchantia.

Advie - 31 January 2013 09:32 PM

was the Band really that BAD!

I don’t know, never got to this part. But image SLUGS playing rock - SLOW ROCK! Grin I’d say every song is at least “Stairway to Heaven” long. Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

diego - 01 February 2013 07:17 AM

I’d say every song is at least “Stairway to Heaven” long. Tongue

Blasphemer!! Led Zeppelin Rules!!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’d like to mention the upcoming STASIS. According to developer Pyke, protagonist Maracheck will get put through the wringer in that game (and from what I’ve read: he’ll lose multiple body parts along the way Gasp).

I agree with Adrienne from Phantasmagoria, she gets raped, gets attacked by her husband, has to kill her own husband (and then finds out that that was futile), etc..

Could be a coincidence, but from what I’ve heard, doesn’t the protagonist in Phantasmagoria 2: A Puzzle of Flesh have it even worse???

My favourite Led Zeppelin song is Kashmir, which is 26 seconds longer than Stairway to Heaven, and my favourite song of all time is ‘Arriving Somewhere (But Not Here)’ by Porcupine Tree - over 4 minutes longer than Stairway… Wink

Sefir - 01 February 2013 07:19 AM

Led Zeppelin Rules!!

QFT

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

TimovieMan - 01 February 2013 11:27 AM

Could be a coincidence, but from what I’ve heard, doesn’t the protagonist in Phantasmagoria 2: A Puzzle of Flesh have it even worse???

Depends on how you look at Timo. As far as Curtis Craig’s life goes then possibly yes although it’s hard to quantify psychologically. And I can’t think of how to explain this without it all being a massive spoiler for anyone still to play the game as it is very much interwoven into the story.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

I’d add all 3 main characters of Tender Loving Care.

Slightly tongue in cheek: Tex Murphy

And how about poor old Feeble.

And me! (for playing the Orion Conspiracy not once but thrice!)

Life is what it is.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TimovieMan - 01 February 2013 11:27 AM

My favourite Led Zeppelin song is Kashmir, which is 26 seconds longer than Stairway to Heaven, and my favourite song of all time is ‘Arriving Somewhere (But Not Here)’ by Porcupine Tree - over 4 minutes longer than Stairway… Wink

after walking 3 Miles on foot away from the president Castle Burning’s back home Porcupine Tree were really a relief , i never had any love for them .. but this track is somewhere between Pink Floyd and Dream Theatre , which is a terrific combination ... i loved Wilson Synth’s Work on the Track , Purely Something Different and Up to date , i guess Porcupine Tree aren’t that spoiled after all as i thought with all the funding’s and the great Production they got .. i should give them the time they deserve to listen to now as i already had enough of their Twin;s Dream Theatre. Smile
Thanks Timothy, nice taste really Wink

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Sefir - 01 February 2013 07:19 AM

Blasphemer!! Led Zeppelin Rules!!

Well, sure they rock, but not like Kiss. Laughing

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top