• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The council

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I noticed the first episode of the game was free on the PlayStation so I downloaded and played it, and I enjoyed it but didn’t love it. I was wondering if any other people have played the whole game and what they thought of it.

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

The Council is an entertaining game. I’d say it’s worth playing with the caveat that the story kinda goes off the rails in the last two episodes. IMO it goes off the rails in a very entertaining way that I found campy and fun but it is a shift from the more serious political/conspiracy intrigue they set up in the earlier episodes.

Gameplay wise the game gets stronger starting with episode 2. Better confrontations, better puzzles w/ some actual challenge,(seemingly) interesting branching, cooler places to explore.

Overall I’d say it’s worth playing provided you don’t take it too seriously. I’ve seen some people who felt burned by the late game but I had a dumb smile on my face the whole time.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Thanks i bought it for 5 dollars. Im about done with episode 2 and im finding it interesting enough.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Yeah, I really enjoyed the game. I get what people say about the change after episode 3, but I still enjoyed it fine. Some lovely moments and my interest held all the way.

Also if you are a natural hoarder/collector there is more than enough in the game to go for a second playthrough etc.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

One thing that really bothers me is the main characters voice acting

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-12-29

PM

There was a thread on it earlier. I loved it myself, especially the confrontation mechanics. I do have to admit it gets campy and weird in ways that aren’t for everyone and the voice-acting is hit-and-miss at best.

The golden age of mathematics - that was not the age of Euclid, it is ours. -Cassius Jackson Keyser

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I enjoyed it also, the graphics are very well done and the price is very reasonable. It also won an Aggie for Best Concept, tied with Call of Cthulhu.

If you got the game for 5 bucks, you got quite a deal. I’d pay 40 for it easily.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top