• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

SpeedBowalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quiz: Something is wrong

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Here are 10 screenshots from the games… or so it seems. Something is not quite right on those pictures, as it’s impossible that they could have been taken from the game in question. Can you deduce why?

Please send your answers via PM (you have only one try per pic). I’ll give you until Sunday, May 3, 12:00PM CET to give me answers

1. The Secret of Monkey Island

2. Grim Fandango

3. Broken Sword 2

4. Thimbleweed Park

5. Day of the Tentacle

6. Gabriel Knight 1

7. Zork

8. Discworld Noir

9. Toonstruck

10. Edna & Harvey: The Breakout

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

This looks fun diego.  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

Cool quiz. I’ve played all of them but still looking forward to winning the “lowest score” prize. Smile

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Thanks everyone for joining, 10 players sent their answers so far! I should remind you that I will reveal the answers and score tomorrow at 12CET, and I also have a second part of the quiz ready… Smile

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

Excellent quiz, diego! I’m looking forward to the next part.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Two players with a perfect score, and a tight battle for the first three places, others following closely. First, let’s see the answers:

1. This is a scene from Monkey Island 1 CD version featuring “Monkey Island 2-like” interface. However, “Head of the navigator” inventory item is out of place - you cannot have it before your arrive to Monkey Island.

2. Everything is mirrored. In other words, Manny should be holding scythe in his right hand.

3. While Caffè is the Italian word for coffee, it has no place in Paris. The sign should be saying “Cafè”

4. I haven’t played the game and didn’t realize I used the scene from Kickstarter campaign, rather than an in-game screenshot. Everyone who said something along those lines gets a point. “Get” should be “Pick up”, too.

5. Colors reversed - purple tentacle should be the baddie, not green.

6. The game has total of 10 days.

7. The very start of the game - you cannot have 5 points.

8. While the famous misquote from “Casablanca” - “Play it again, Sam” is not featured in the movie, it is in Discworld Noir. When talking to Samael the pianist, Lewton says: “Play it again, Sam.”

9. The footman has an extra toe. (many of you thought it has something to do with Flux icon - however, you can “Use Flux” and the cursor changes to Flux image, even when you move it to an “Exit” - by the way, “Palace Hallway” is an adjacent location, thus correctly subtitled when cursor is over the exit hotspot).

10. The scene is from the original game (the verb interface at the bottom is a give away), and the verb coin from Anniversary Edition is misplaced.

Scores:

OzzieMonkey 10
Pegbiter 10

Jabod 9

Lady Kestrel 8
Karlok 8
Doom 8
NickyLarson 8
eddyc 8

chrissie 7
namehaver 7
Cicerone53 7
Mike the Wino 6
Vehelon 5
Advie 1 (out of 1 try, you’ve been lazy this time!)

Congratulation to all the players! The second part of the quiz will be up shortly!

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 03 May 2020 06:55 AM

4. I haven’t played the game and didn’t realize I used the scene from Kickstarter campaign, rather than an in-game screenshot. Everyone who said something along those lines gets a point. “Get” should be “Pick up”, too.

I got both right, so I take it I get TWO points.  Innocent
Looking forward to the next part!

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Oops, it seems I entered too late Foot in mouth You can ignore my PM then diego, sorry about that. (I never get time zone conversions right). Well that was fun anyway, thanks for making this quiz!

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 03 May 2020 07:07 AM
diego - 03 May 2020 06:55 AM

I got both right, so I take it I get TWO points.  Innocent
Looking forward to the next part!

LOL!

NickyLarson - 03 May 2020 07:09 AM

Oops, it seems I entered too late Foot in mouth You can ignore my PM then diego, sorry about that. (I never get time zone conversions right). Well that was fun anyway, thanks for making this quiz!

I edited the scores!

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Thanks for accepting my last-minute entry Smile I’ll look into the second part earlier, this time!

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

That was fun diego! Speaking of Discworld Noir, didn’t GOG used to have it for sale? Can’t find it there or anywhere else for that matter, and I’ve never played it. I’d sure like to, though!

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top