• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New Sherlock Holmes game: Crimes & Punishments

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

YouTube has blocked it… Frown

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tsa - 02 April 2014 12:41 AM

No, it hasn’t. ??? Confused

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

TimovieMan - 02 April 2014 06:37 AM
tsa - 02 April 2014 12:41 AM

No, it hasn’t. ??? Confused

Indeed, now it’s back.

Cool video! I wonder what people from the late 19th century would think if they heard Queen or a 1980s hair band.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

tsa - 02 April 2014 07:55 AM

Cool video! I wonder what people from the late 19th century would think if they heard Queen or a 1980s hair band.

Probably something along the lines: “I guess you guys aren’t ready for that yet. But your kids are gonna love it.” Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

diego - 02 April 2014 08:14 AM
tsa - 02 April 2014 07:55 AM

Probably something along the lines: “I guess you guys aren’t ready for that yet. But your kids are gonna love it.” Tongue

LOL Smile. I think you mean grand-grandkids Wink

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Nah, they’d called it witchcraft and behead someone. I don’t think the reaction would be as calm as Back to the Future. Tongue

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Not really sure if this is new news but the game showed on Steam for pre-order

http://store.steampowered.com/app/241260/

Release date is September 2014
The screenshots look really good.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I love Sherlock Holmes games and I will just have to make time for this one.

Looks great so far!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1078

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Holmes looks younger a prequel no doubt.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I think this will be the first Frogwares Sherlock Holmes game I will not be buying. I was happy with Jack the Ripper although you could see the decline already, but Testament was terrible. I think this game will continue the trend.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Zifnab - 10 June 2014 07:30 PM

I think this will be the first Frogwares Sherlock Holmes game I will not be buying. I was happy with Jack the Ripper although you could see the decline already, but Testament was terrible. I think this game will continue the trend.

Hmmm, I’ve read all the novels (with The Hound of the Baskervilles being my favourite) and a handfull of the short stories.

I played the demo of Secret of the Silver Earring when it was first released and wasn’t particularly impressed. So I never played any of the other Frogwares games until Testament which I thought was really good.

Will definitely get Crimes and Punishments but I’ve been thinking of picking up some of the others too. Are they all pretty much the same or are there any major differences?

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

23 min gameplay video:

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Henke - 14 June 2014 06:01 AM
Zifnab - 10 June 2014 07:30 PM

Hmmm, I’ve read all the novels (with The Hound of the Baskervilles being my favourite) and a handfull of the short stories.

I played the demo of Secret of the Silver Earring when it was first released and wasn’t particularly impressed. So I never played any of the other Frogwares games until Testament which I thought was really good.

Will definitely get Crimes and Punishments but I’ve been thinking of picking up some of the others too. Are they all pretty much the same or are there any major differences?

You may like SH vs Jack the Ripper. I just finished it and I thought it was a really good game. Another good one is Nemesis, aka SH vs Arsène Lupin. And the Silver Earring was also a good game, although a bit more oldfashioned. And if you don’t mind playing an old and non-Frogwares game, find SH and the Serrated Scalpel on the ‘net! It works fine in DOSBox with some fiddling.

Total Posts: 92

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’ve loved the upward slope of quality and production values that the Frogwares games have taken and it’s exciting to see them making a genuine next-gen game on the PS4 and Xbox One especially with their roots in such a niche genre. This is the path I wish we’d be seeing more often from adventure game developers: success leading to bigger, more ambitious games which attempt to bring in more and more of an audience. There’s a very small library of games for the PS4 and Xbox One now as well so there’s a real opportunity for them to reach a lot of people.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Henke - 14 June 2014 06:01 AM

Try The Awakened and Nemesis. It may seem hard to believe if you’ve only played Testament, but in them you actually play as Sherlock Holmes and not a lockpicker/mini-game solver! (and occasionally a dog)

SamandMax - 25 July 2014 03:37 PM

I’ve loved the upward slope of quality and production values that the Frogwares games have taken

And yet for all their “upward slope of quality” (for which I assume you mean graphics and production quality) they have yet to come anywhere near the quality of a game like The Case of the Serrated Scalpel.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top