• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Instead of making easy Adventures ... Primordia-(Crispin)

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Guess there are no doubts about the fact that Adventure Gaming witnessed the
development of Easy Adventures more than others through the past years for sure,or maybe since the day when Lucasfilm ((comparatively)) Tongue decided avoiding deaths and dead ends until literally we had reached a fully active hint system within Adventures such as Simon the Sorcerer5 and many others as well .
and above these technical features that tended only to make Adventures more easy is the intention of making/develop easy Adventures which sometimes came to the extend of being described as causally themed Adventures…

SO.. the point is;as much as those Adventures with such easiness provided they almost always had something positive impact over the AG market as much as they pushed back and disappointed great numbers of the long time (die hard) Adventure Games Players.

So from one point all that would sound great for many when you think about how it may had helped keeping the genre alive ((even with J.J herself writing a number of pure casuals AGs for a big while))
....but then something came to me suddenly when i finished Primordia; and with that Crispin character had struck me as a GREAT invention for providing a sort of (satisfying) (Uniic) common ground that new comers (or causal’ lovers) with the old experienced Adventurers/players (die hard ones) can share together ... Happily .

he(Crispin) always gave/provided me with a kind of riddled hints all through the game that i guess even even die hard Adventurers (like me) can not consider spoilers ,they actually always helped in nice/unique(Uniic) way and its still your choice to ask him whenever stuck (instead of just given up and going off the game for a walkthrough peek that gives you the straight answer) and leave the game as challenging as it is which is a fact with Primordia with no doubt.
Crispin unique and his way of giving hints i could explain with this simple example (for instance) you are stuck with a locked door but can not find the key; so if key is under a pillow you missed , when you speak to him he would suggest something like we really should get some sleep ! and all the same he sometimes would neglect your help/request if the solution is too easy or too early by saying something like come on i am not here to provide you with every fix try to work you head or just i ran out of clever ideas Boss.

About Primordia itself i would to go telling how great this game is i love to praise it from here ‘til forever but that is not the subject (at least not here) But i just could not fight the thought (and the JOY) of bringing out the Crispin (Idea/theory) (that is how i would love to call so far) he had really fixed me quite well with Primordia (which is not an easy game at all) and i jut would love to see it (The Crispin Idea/Feature) happening at the difficult Adventures (many developers afraid to give) as well, also i ought to remember that Max had a similar way of Helping at S&M Tt’s Sessions but it was very rare as if didnt exist .

i Guess developers can give now the hardest trickiest Adventures they want (with no Worries) as long as they just remember to bring Crispin along.
Wink

at last if you haven’t played Primordia yet, then really what are you waiting for?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top