• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabrielJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Syberia Remastered?

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2012-07-02

PM

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Iceberg-Interactive-Syberia-Collection-DVD/dp/B002RL8FTS

It says here that Syberia 1, 2 and Amerzone have been remastered and published by Iceberg-Interactive. Is it really the remastered edition of the games with better graphic, screen resolution, models etc. or only Syberia that works on XP and Windows 7, without any changes?

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

Zagadka - 19 January 2013 01:39 PM

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Iceberg-Interactive-Syberia-Collection-DVD/dp/B002RL8FTS

It says here that Syberia 1, 2 and Amerzone have been remastered and published by Iceberg-Interactive. Is it really the remastered edition of the games with better graphic, screen resolution, models etc. or only Syberia that works on XP and Windows 7, without any changes?

I don’t recall ever hearing about any updated versions of Syberia in regards to graphics, etc.  Taking a look at the screenshots, it looks exactly like the original.  I think “re-mastered” is being used loosely here.  Having said that, the Syberia games are in no way in need of a graphics overhaul.  They’re still beautiful.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Interplay - 20 January 2013 12:35 AM
Zagadka - 19 January 2013 01:39 PM

I don’t recall ever hearing about any updated versions of Syberia in regards to graphics, etc.  Taking a look at the screenshots, it looks exactly like the original.  I think “re-mastered” is being used loosely here.  Having said that, the Syberia games are in no way in need of a graphics overhaul.  They’re still beautiful.

Well, doesn’t mean it would not benefit it if backgrounds and graphics were rerendered for HD screens.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Monolith - 20 January 2013 02:11 PM

Well, doesn’t mean it would not benefit it if backgrounds and graphics were rerendered for HD screens.

I agree. I’m running 1440x900 on my monitor. I could jack it up a bit, but it would raise havoc with several games.

I haven’t played Syberia, 1 or 2, in ages. I would certainly like to see them re-formatted for wide-screen. I think they would look even better than the original. Which was pretty damn good.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

rtrooney - 20 January 2013 07:21 PM

I haven’t played Syberia, 1 or 2, in ages. I would certainly like to see them re-formatted for wide-screen. I think they would look even better than the original. Which was pretty damn good.

That would be a lot of work. Adapting the game to widescreen while bumping up the resolution means a lot of new background drawing.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Oscar - 20 January 2013 07:33 PM

That would be a lot of work. Adapting the game to widescreen while bumping up the resolution means a lot of new background drawing.

Again, I agree. But if the “remastering” doesn’t involve all of the above, what’s the point. As Interplay and I have said, it already looks great. If there is not a “next level” why bother?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Yeah. And anyway, the kind of people who need to have ultramodern graphics wouldn’t exactly be the kind to rush out and buy a 10 year old remastered game.

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Yeah, I guess Pegasus Prime remastering was a waste of time. *rolls eyes*

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

Monolith - 21 January 2013 01:54 PM

I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that the new Pegasus Prime “remastering” was just a new release of the 1997 “remastering” designed to work on modern computers.  Unless I’m mistaken, I don’t think it’s going to have HD graphics or other really significant graphic overhauls vs the 1997 overhauls.

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Interplay - 21 January 2013 02:01 PM

I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that the new Pegasus Prime “remastering” was just a new release of the 1997 “remastering” designed to work on modern computers.  Unless I’m mistaken, I don’t think it’s going to have HD graphics or other really significant graphic overhauls vs the 1997 overhauls.

“A splitscreen image of the animated logo from the opening sequence of The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime, as released on CD-ROM in 1997 (left) and re-rendered in higher resolution (right).”

“Anyway, we wanted to give you advance notice that we’ve had very motivated programmers quietly porting the remake of the first game in the series, The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime, to run in 64-bit on modern Intel Macs, with Windows to follow. It’s not just a port of the hard-to-find 1997 CD-ROM release, but rather a substantial update of the unreleased DVD-ROM version.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-10-22

PM

I have this collection and can say it is not remastered. Still plays in 4:3 aspect ratio, its just bundled onto 1 dvd and ready for windows xp / vista.

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

Monolith - 21 January 2013 03:58 PM
Interplay - 21 January 2013 02:01 PM

“A splitscreen image of the animated logo from the opening sequence of The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime, as released on CD-ROM in 1997 (left) and re-rendered in higher resolution (right).”

“Anyway, we wanted to give you advance notice that we’ve had very motivated programmers quietly porting the remake of the first game in the series, The Journeyman Project: Pegasus Prime, to run in 64-bit on modern Intel Macs, with Windows to follow. It’s not just a port of the hard-to-find 1997 CD-ROM release, but rather a substantial update of the unreleased DVD-ROM version.

Cool.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Sorry. Whatever the screenshot point they were meant to convey didn’t come across as planned.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I would love to see Syberia 1 and 2 combined together and remastered someday. Maybe in two-three years - or when Syberia 3 gets released.

I’ve bought some revamped classic games before and really enjoyed them.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 21 January 2013 09:09 PM

Sorry. Whatever the screenshot point they were meant to convey didn’t come across as planned.

It does on the second screenshot (the title card), imo.

But yeah, I don’t see a difference in the first one either…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Are you guys talking about Pegasus Prime? The first shot is a big difference? Unless thats sarcasm.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top