• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrelluckyloserwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Major plot point missed in LSL Wet Dreams Don’t Dry? [potential spoilers]

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2004-02-17

PM

I read the AG review of the game about two weeks after I finished the game, and noticed this paragraph:

Things look strangely different, and as you make your way into the bar and talk to Lefty, who recognizes you from the “old days,” you realize you have somehow been transported to the year 2018. (How is explained later on).

After reading this, I realized that I have no idea how\why Larry was transported to 2018, and to my best recollection it’s never addressed in the game, so either my memory betrays me, or I somehow managed to miss such a major plot point Meh
At which point in the game is this explained?

Thanks

Total Posts: 36

Joined 2006-03-14

PM

i do not think it is explained anywhere.
it looks like Larry was abducted and experimented and then forgotten and he woke up in modern day, but doesn’t really give any background to it.

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2018-11-14

PM

Since I’m one of the writers and we just had a post-mortem at the “German Dev Days”, let me summarise what we said publicly. Smile

Yes, it’s not really explained. In a dialogue with Lefty we offer some explanations, and the lab at the beginning is a nod to the classic Sierra lab (not the only one, though Wink ).

We had considered a lot of different story approaches how to transport old Larry to our time, because this, of course, was the basic premise. In the end we decided on the easy way, even if it looks lazy: we just do it and run with it.

Why? We thought of new players. Those, who have never really experienced Larry and need to get to know the character from scratch. We wanted to concentrate on the culture clash, on situation comedy, on unique characters, while offering as many throwbacks to the classic games as possible.

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

I assumed it has to do with the alien spacecraft that beamed up the PMS Bouncy at the end of 7? Figured they experimented on him for years and dumped him in the present day - he just doesn’t remember what happened?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

alien spacecraft that beamed up the PMS Bouncy at the end of 7? Figured they experimented on him for years and dumped him in the present day - he just doesn’t remember what happened.

I would run with that actually. I just got the game and we’ll see what I think of this once I start playing the game.

:heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top