• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Argonus and the Gods of Stone from Zojoi

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

For some time I’ve been thinking that Zojoi, the original devs of the Shadowgate who also did the fantastic remake of it, is more or less dead. That assumption seems to have been wrong, as they have been tinkering a new 1st person adventure, Argonus and the Gods of Stone.

It is a game inspired by 60s and 70s Greek mythology based adventure movies, so it sounds it could be fun.

http://www.zojoi.com/argonus-and-the-gods-of-stone/?fbclid=IwAR2lmjAH9X6jrNBMtHiIrJtcNEboq_yTk9WUZ2Q4ZBvmkxDa55mCU25M7w0

Total Posts: 100

Joined 2009-02-07

PM

I found this game fine for adventure game fans because while not perfect it’s definitely above average in the genre. I wouldn’t recommend it to random gamers mainly because it’s mostly adventuring and no action, but also a few puzzles make little sense so they may waste time for little reason.

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

I would say it’s better than fine. It would have been easy to botch this kind of game, but it’s consistently entertaining, puzzles well clued and the reliance on myth along with the excellent narrator gives it an authenticity you don’t often get from the adventure genre. You can tell it’s from experienced developers, and I definitely get a Shadowgate vibe while playing.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top