• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Cave

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

does anyone have that feeling that Ron is going to take a big Drift with adventure gaming , awkward mayhap but to be followed (longely) ?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

So far, to me it seems like a return to the Maniac Mansion system (complete with three characters to choose out of seven).
He’s not drifting away from the core, he’s going towards it, imo.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I thought this would be about the release date (finally!):

PSN + Wii U on Jan 22 and XBLA + Steam on Jan 23

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

having seen him talk several times in interviews, i dont agree with gilberts assessments about the genre at all. That said, i will play the cave, and i bet it will be fun.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 15 January 2013 01:45 PM

I thought this would be about the release date (finally!):

PSN + Wii U on Jan 22 and XBLA + Steam on Jan 23

eventually that will be posted in few days

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

No more of a drift than Stacking was. He’s a game developer. He designs great games. He’s not the Jesus of Adventure Gaming, he’s the Da Vinci. His faith lies in creating great games not benefiting a genre.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i introduce the side-scrolling puzzle Adventure game The Cave,
ooh sorry but this one actually is the 2 years awaited FutureGames adventure Limbo

http://limbogame.org/media/ Teaser

Gameplaying
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0087RHFG0?tag=vglnkc4604-20 Buy-it,and it is in English too

when you thought it would never get any worse,
but Isn’t The Prince of Persia Game 1989 was even Better ...ooh i forgot there is a new generation every 23-33 years !

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

According to Ron, no reflexes will be required, but pure logic. So every comparison to Puzzle/Platforms like Limbo, Braid, etc is at least unfair. We will have all answers about its gameplay soon I believe…

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I hope this Genre wont be used, and especially by one of it creators Smile

Man are you really playing SQ3, man i hadnt texted for a long while Wink

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

remember these? the cave somehow reminded me of them Smile i know it’ll be something completely different but I definitely see some parallels like the puzzles where you need two or three characters with their own unique abilities.

anyway, i’m very hyped about the cave. i don’t care what genre it is as long as it’s a good and enjoyable game.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Ron Gilbert has been shouting “IT’S NOT A PLATFORMER!!!” since Day One.

Still accusing the game of being a platformer is simply unfair!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

TimovieMan - 17 January 2013 07:00 AM

Ron Gilbert has been shouting “IT’S NOT A PLATFORMER!!!” since Day One.

I know. He would say that.

Still accusing the game of being a platformer is simply unfair!

I’d like to form my own opinion. And there’s no denying, NO DENYING!, that it looks like a platformer.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Ron Gilbert keeps stating that it’s not a platformer, and I’d be very surprised if he’s lying about it. However, show the trailer to a hundred people who’s never heard of the game, then ask them what genre they think it is, and I’d be equally surprised if even one of them answers that it’s an adventure game. Clearly, the visuals are that of a platformer, so it may be slightly unfair to say that the people who still thinks it’s a platformer are being unfair.

That being said, I think the game shows a lot of promise. Even though it uses platform-style graphics, it looks really good in my eyes and I’m very much looking forward to getting into it. Gilbert has never disappointed before (though I must admit I never bothered playing the humongous entertainment games), and I don’t think he will this time around either. I hope the game will be a success, and that we’ll see many new Ron Gilbert Adventures in the future.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

That people actually believe that Sega and Double Fine would be slyly pretending that their platformer is actually an adventure game (down to having Steam correct their initial classification of “Adventure, Platformer” to just “Adventure”) shows how much the genre’s reputation has improved of late. (Or how utterly ridiculous some people can be. Your pick.)

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Kurufinwe - 17 January 2013 11:28 AM

That people actually believe that Sega and Double Fine would be slyly pretending that their platformer is actually an adventure game (down to having Steam correct their initial classification of “Adventure, Platformer” to just “Adventure”) shows how much the genre’s reputation has improved of late. (Or how utterly ridiculous some people can be. Your pick.)

Yeah, people who do not believe what Kuru believes are utterly ridiculous. Figures.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I don’t understand the necessity in being so quick to resort to negative personality adjectives either. Then again, I’m one of the “crazies”, remember? Tongue

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top