• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieDaleJdawg445Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Thoughts on Unforeseen Incidents?

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2019-04-12

PM

I just finished this game and thought it was great! I found this subreddit and searched but didn’t see much (or any) discussion on it and wanted to hear some thoughts from others who’ve played it.

A little bit of background of me before I go into my thoughts on the game: I’ve spent the last 15 years of my gaming life on console, so I haven’t played many PnC Adventures in that time. To give you an idea, the last games of this type I played were the Humongous Entertainment games (Pajama Sam was my jam! Freddi Fish and Putt-Putt were awesome too), so…yea it’s been awhile. After building a PC I was looking around for games to play and realized that I’ve always liked adventure type games (my favorite games on PS4 are the linear, single player games: Uncharted, God of War, Horizon, etc.) and remembering that I liked the Humongous games back in the day I thought I’d do a deep-dive on PnC’s.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I really liked it. The storyline was strong and held together pretty much through the whole game. It had a likeable protagonist with a distinctive voice and good atmosphere. I have heard some negative comments about the graphics but I liked them. The only nit-picky thing I can say about it is I found some of the gameplay a bit tedious in a mild way.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

It was one of my favourite games from last year (but I do have a history of liking game others consider sub par!  Laughing ).

I just found it to be a very competently produced graphic P & C adventure with an engaging beginning, middle & end story; pleasing & very distinctive artwork, good VA & interesting puzzles including inventory based.    Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

Overall I had a good time and really enjoyed my experience with Unforeseen Incidents. There were several good puzzles that fitted naturally with the story and atmosphere. Most of them were a little on the light side, as expected, but were generally pleasant. The game suffered from some clunky and limited animations but I adored the art style. Each scenery was a real treat for the eye and a nice visual fresh air among the oceans of hipster pixelart and photorealistic real-time rendering. The story was likeable but kind of predictable and bland. But in spite of some cliche moments it did set up a nice atmosphere and I had pleasure exploring the different sites. The ending was below average. Some interesting, well put and cleverly hidden reveal would have uplifted the otherwise mediocre plot. But the game didn’t pretend to be anything more than it actually is so I was more amused than put off by it. Also, decent voice over for a german game, decent writing, and likeable and relatable protanosist (foolish enough to be funny but not too foolish to get on your nerves).

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top