• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

AnimeAdamBeckywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dance of Death: Du Lac & Fey

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I agree that they have acknowledged their design failures, and are now preparing V1.2 for release. And that is a good thing. But I wonder, if they were aware of the game’s failings in advance of the negative reviews, why didn’t they hold off on the release until they ready to release a really good game?

It has happened before. First-time buyers become the beta-testers of an inferior game. While, at the same time providing the revenue that allows the developers to correct the game’s flaws.

Not a good business model that I admire.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2013-08-29

PM

Well they said, they were out of funds, so I guess the only option they had is release to get some money onto the bank account so now they can finish/fix it? I don’t think they wanted it to be like this, but mistakes were made. They have talent and this must have been a huge learning experience for them.

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

My Dune - 10 May 2019 03:55 AM

...this must have been a huge learning experience for them.

I hope the lesson is not that you can turn out a crappy game, knowing that you can use the revenue generated by disappointed customers to make it right. Granted, everyone who bought the game on Steam will get the updates when they are available. But, at what point will purchasers be willing to wait for V1.5 when everything will be fixed?

I’m not willing to buy the game today until I read that all’s right with the Du Lac world.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

I would have bought this game if it had been about a talking cat. Dogs don’t interest me.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top