• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #52: Beneath a Steel Sky

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Sounds great, can’t wait to hear what the rest of the players think about how this games ending.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve now finished the game. I’m not sure what I think about the ending but enjoyed the story up until then.
I got a little lost in the last part & needed a nudge. I didn’t think to use the virus from Anita’s card on the console after which it made sense I was poisoning the nutrients in the orifice
Using the lightbulb in the tunnel seemed a little strange although it did make sense sort of.
For me there didn’t seem to be any pixel-hunting required in the game items needed being pretty easy to spot.
I’ve come away from the game with dorkish Kens in mind - I can only think of Barbie’s boyfriend so far!  Laughing

I’m glad I got to finally play the game & although it’s not a favourite I would probably play it again sometime. Thanks SoccerDude for leading the playthrough Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I finished the game yesterday. Tongue

Not entirely sure what to think of it as a whole. I mean, it’s a solid game, definitely, but I’m not exactly blown away by it. Maybe my expectations were a bit too high because of the praise and accolades it got (and its ranking in many a Top-20)?

Had a couple of misconceptions in the final part. Poisoning the tissue was one thing, but I had spent a couple of them before I thought about freezing them, and even then my first instinct was to drop it in the nutrients tank in one of the earlier rooms.
Of course, I hadn’t gone as far as the orifice at that time. Once I did, the purpose became clear.

Although I still don’t really know why poisoning the orifice would result in [spoiler]a door opening[/spoiler]...

Ending seemed a bit rushed. [spoiler]Joey Ken taking over Linc[/spoiler] was a bit sudden, especially considering that we only get a few more lines of dialogue after that, and the game’s finished already.
I do think Foster was a bit harsh towards his father. He seems more like a victim than a monster to me.

And I much preferred Joey’s earlier incarnations over the ones in this section. He’s a lot more fun when you’re always on the brink of being called a ‘meatbag’ than when he’s overly polite.

Still, good game.
No pixel-hunting at all (although I did miss the thongs at first glance, as well as the light bulb fixture), and not too many “out there” puzzles.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I think at this point we can unstick this thread. Any person who has not finished yet can still read through it. Mods please.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The Remastered version has an additional video at the end that can at best be described as strange.

It does not really add anything to the ending, it’s just fun to watch.

This is the second time I have played the remastered version, I hope we see more classic games like
This one remastered, it is a very enjoyable experience.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 101

Joined 2016-02-18

PM

I finished the game a week ago, but I haven’t visited the forum since then.

I find that TimovieMan sums up my feelings about the game almost exactly a few posts higher up:

TimovieMan - 09 May 2019 04:02 PM

Not entirely sure what to think of it as a whole. I mean, it’s a solid game, definitely, but I’m not exactly blown away by it. Maybe my expectations were a bit too high because of the praise and accolades it got (and its ranking in many a Top-20)?

Thematically this game felt close to Technobabylon, but in Technobabylon the world felt more real, and the gameplay was less frustrating, to me at least. I think had I played this game 25 years ago, without modern games to compare to, I would have loved it. Now it all felt a bit flat. Still glad that because of the Community Playthrough I finally got around to playing this classic title. So thanks to SoccerDude for hosting the playthrough, and to all participants for sharing your observations.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The remastered version does bring the game up to somewhat more modern standards. They should make this version available for sale on the PC.

Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top