• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

I need help finding a point and click game

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-01-13

PM

Hello Adventure Gamers,

I have no where left to turn and will soon be going mad if I can’t discover what this game was that I played once when I was younger.  Any help would be greatly appreciated; Im desperate.

I think the game was on a shareware disc and I was playing it either windows 95 or 98.
I remember it was simliar to blade runner.  Kind of sci fi and dark, some rain… Confused

The shareware bit I played started outside on top of a building (I think), had CG graphics (I think). You went inside and there was a puzzle which involved opening the correct mail box out of a larger rack of mail boxes on a wall.  I also remember one the items found in this area was a piece of aluminum foil.

I also, vagualy recollect using the foil on a circuit board to open a door.

Again, it was kind of sci-fi and a bit CG.  Simlair to blade runner.  A point and click. Shareware… I don’t know…

I have been trawling the internet for days trying to re-dicover it but no amount of obsessive googlign is working…

Help >.<

Dan.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Probably not, but Beneath a Steel Sky?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2004-07-06

PM

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

yep, sounds like Nightlong to me as well

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Definitely Nightlong but it was never (as far as I’m aware) shareware. OP probably had a demo.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-01-13

PM

OMG That’s it. That is it!

I am indebted to the Adventure Gamers community from this day forth. My suffering can finally stop and my mind rest.

I am amazed that I couldn’t find it via google searches as moby games lists it as ‘like blade runner’ and I had tried numerous google searches to that effect.  Followed by trawling and trawling through lists of sci fi adventure games; cyperpunk point and click; futeristic graphic adventures etc. etc.

Well it is all over now, and for that you have deepest grattitude.

Thank you.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top