• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

new fmv game from folks who brought you contradiction called 3 a.m. 

Total Posts: 1623

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

tim follins is coming back with his next game which is a horror game based in a hotel. learn more about it here. supposed to be released in 2019

http://baggycat.com/

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Yes please! Contradiction was great, so I`m definitely interested Smile

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2019-02-23

PM

Disappointed that it’s horror, which means I won’t be playing—not a fan of being scared—but I loved Contradiction and the acting/direction/production values that went into it, so hope this does well.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

shalott - 14 March 2019 10:53 PM

Disappointed that it’s horror, which means I won’t be playing—not a fan of being scared—but I loved Contradiction and the acting/direction/production values that went into it, so hope this does well.

Same. Doing a horror game is a massive waste of the talent at hand here.

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Well, I see that I’m not the only one to be torn between my appreciation for the studio’s previous game and my profound distaste for the horror genre (or scaredy-cat nature, if you prefer). Too bad, I was quite excited when seeing the topic title!

I don’t want to make a hasty judgement though, the developer’s website mentions something about “confronting and communicating with the ghosts of Jimmy’s past” to uncover his secret, that sounds intriguing. But I still fear that it will not be the kind of horror I can stomach (I’m OK with Lovecraftian, Victorian, Poe-ian, psychological horror, a few ghosts here and there howling and moving furnitures around, or a demon-worshipping cult plotting the destruction of every living thing, that I’m fine with, but if I have to run for my character’s life from a human psychopath in a hotel that looks like the Shining mansion, only with balloons for added creepiness, I won’t play for more than two minutes).

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Well, in the developer’s defence: apparently horror films are among the most fun to make, so that’s one thing. Grin

And FMV isn’t really made for “run or die” situations, so I’m guessing you’ll still have time to do stuff in the game without being in actual danger of facing a “game over” screen.
At least I hope so. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top