• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

your virtual memory

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Each game has certain places that stuck in our head more than others, hardly knowing why, those kinda of places which when we are about replaying a game you already start to have a recollection of them..

But there are more specific places that you take with you in your mind as an almost identical copy or an image of that screen/place; sometimes would be only one place from a whole adventure (or more).

I am eager to know what or which of the places/screens we have them stored within our mind thru the years, sorta ‘virtual memories’ that he/she can recall, or actually always there and never left.(and of which game) . It would be great if you share your fav location image.

I am certain there will be many similarities as many different favorites from the same titles.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Quest for glory 4 might be the game that follows me the most in this way. From the forests of mordavia, to the dusty sleepy town, to the monastery basement, to the underground caverns of the dark one, to creeping through the still inn at night… The scenes are very memorable for me. I can picture a lot of the landscape and how it connects. I dont really know why. At least a part of it is its a good game. But maybe its also because qfg4 is a game that requires you to learn directions to places and retrace your steps back and forth multiple times. This quality probably makes the scenes from any game more memorable.

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Opening scenes for Broken Sword, King’s Quest 6, Monkey Island 2. All of them have this Robinson Crusoe feel when you open your eyes, see a whole new world before you, still don’t know what to expect from it, yet you can tell for sure there’s a grand adventure waiting behind the corner. I don’t necessary hate long intros, but those opening scenes made me really hungry for a new adventure.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

To name a few. Smile

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

And The Dig’s entire opening cinematic, especially the “Let all your prayers be with us” line with that wonderful soundtrack and the sun appearing from behind the asteroid.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top