• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Flash Casual Playthrough - League of Light: The Game

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Finished the second part of section two. Took me 38 minutes, I’m now at 2 hours 43.

Most time was spent at the triangle puzzle. Needed 6 or 7 attempts, despite having solved similar puzzles lots of times before. They never get easier… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I kept getting distracted when I was doing the triangle puzzle (phone ringing, dogs barking, stomach growling), so it took me at least 10 tries to solve it.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’ve finished the second part of section two (51 minutes) and I’ve also finished section three (about an hour).

Ditto on the alchemy puzzle, though I did try to rearrange the books when I first saw them (before I had acquired the other jars), and the game wouldn’t let me do it then. So it didn’t occur to me to try it again until the jar sequence failed.

Questions:

How did Julia’s family continue to produce a next generation when they were all stuck down in these caves and never escaped?

Why didn’t Julia and the little helper need the same protection we did when walking through the green poisonous gas? I liked the solution with the little helper and the chain—so THAT’S what the stick was used for—to balance. Quite creative I thought.

I’m enjoying the riddles a lot. I also like the fact that the puzzles aren’t always solved in a precisely traditional manner.

Is anyone else risking the little helper by trying to plunk him into the hot vat and the aquarium with savage fish?

The less said about the triangle puzzle the better. I finally peeked at the in-game walkthrough. I had gotten about half of it right on my own.

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Becky - 27 February 2019 09:52 AM

Questions:

How did Julia’s family continue to produce a next generation when they were all stuck down in these caves and never escaped?

Why didn’t Julia and the little helper need the same protection we did when walking through the green poisonous gas? I liked the solution with the little helper and the chain—so THAT’S what the stick was used for—to balance. Quite creative I thought.

I’m enjoying the riddles a lot. I also like the fact that the puzzles aren’t always solved in a precisely traditional manner.

Is anyone else risking the little helper by trying to plunk him into the hot vat and the aquarium with savage fish?

The less said about the triangle puzzle the better. I finally peeked at the in-game walkthrough. I had gotten about half of it right on my own.

Only my thoughts. With the exception of Julia, no other female members of the Fox family are found. So I assume that the Men Foxes did what they needed to do to insure the family line would go on before they left for the Game. Had Julia died in the Game the Fox family line would end. I think the little helper did have a mask like you and Julia. I think you found the parts for three gas masks in the HO scene.

I try the little guy everywhere. Fortunately the game won’t let me kill him.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

OK! Since everyone except furgotten has finished section three, or whatever section we’re on, it means that you all have reached this point:

My plan was to have everyone play to the next portal which is here:

But I played from the above portal last night, and there are really only 15 minutes or so from this point until you finish the game. So I say go for it.

For anyone, furgotten?, keep playing. I’m sure this thread will stay on the first page for awhile. There might also be a lurker or two who are following the thread. Their input, if they care to share it, is welcome too.

Plus, I think Lady K, chrissie and TimovieMan purchased the CE version of the game.
I have seen a YouTube video of the bonus game, but seeing it and playing it are two different things. So I’m interested in seeing what their impressions of it are.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Becky - 27 February 2019 09:52 AM

Ditto on the alchemy puzzle, though I did try to rearrange the books when I first saw them (before I had acquired the other jars), and the game wouldn’t let me do it then. So it didn’t occur to me to try it again until the jar sequence failed.

Yeah, either the game didn’t let me do it at first either, or I wasn’t doing it correctly.

That was mentioned when trying to send the little helper over the chain. I think the game specifically mentioned needing something to balance, so as soon as I found the stick, I knew how and why to use it.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 27 February 2019 03:44 PM

OK! Since everyone except furgotten has finished section three, or whatever section we’re on, it means that you all have reached this point:

Reached it now. Took me just over 1 hour. I’m now at 3 hours 45 minutes.

Took me a while to figure out how the triangle puzzle worked, but found it eventually. Tongue

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

rtrooney - 27 February 2019 12:19 PM

I think the little helper did have a mask like you and Julia. I think you found the parts for three gas masks in the HO scene.

You’re right! I thought I was assembling a very intricate protective device just for me when I was actually assembling devices for three people.

So the fellow we encounter from time to time in the game—the poison dart guy—how does it make it through all these areas without solving any of the puzzles that we have to? Do the masked gamesters controlling the game somehow give him access we don’t have? And is that fair? Is the game rigged? I think we should go around destroying all those green crystal balls so the masked gamestars have no idea what’s going on once we reach an area.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Becky - 27 February 2019 06:32 PM

So the fellow we encounter from time to time in the game—the poison dart guy—how does it make it through all these areas without solving any of the puzzles that we have to? Do the masked gamesters controlling the game somehow give him access we don’t have? And is that fair? Is the game rigged? I think we should go around destroying all those green crystal balls so the masked gamestars have no idea what’s going on once we reach an area.

The basic answer to your question about Mads is “I don’t know.”

Although one possible answer is that the game/puzzle resets to its original state once it has been solved. The “watchers” certainly seem to have the power to do something like that. So if Mads was ahead of us, as he seemed to be when we first encountered him when he got us with the darts, we had to solve the puzzles he already solved before we got there. Pure speculation, but I can’t come up with a better solution.

But there is another possibility. At one point in the game I think he thanks us for clearing the path for him to get to the next portal. Perhaps he is hiding ion the wings every step of the way, and capitalizes on our deductive reasoning. Until ... he seizes an opportunity to jump ahead of us.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

Sorry I dropped off the radar; I had to go out of town unexpectedly and did not have access to my computer. I will comment as soon as I catch up!

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Welcome back! You will be caught up in no time.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 27 February 2019 08:32 PM

The basic answer to your question about Mads is “I don’t know.”

Although one possible answer is that the game/puzzle resets to its original state once it has been solved. The “watchers” certainly seem to have the power to do something like that. So if Mads was ahead of us, as he seemed to be when we first encountered him when he got us with the darts, we had to solve the puzzles he already solved before we got there. Pure speculation, but I can’t come up with a better solution.

But there is another possibility. At one point in the game I think he thanks us for clearing the path for him to get to the next portal. Perhaps he is hiding ion the wings every step of the way, and capitalizes on our deductive reasoning. Until ... he seizes an opportunity to jump ahead of us.

We have been separated from our redheaded companion on a few occasions, and made it to the same places regardless.
That probably means that the path we’re following isn’t the only possible one. There’s a good chance that Mads is occasionally capitalising on our progress, but is also often taking a different path (which could explain why we can suddenly get ahead of him at one point - he took a detour).

I agree with Becky that destroying the green balls should have been a priority.

I finished the game last night. I had missed two of the owls at the end, because the endgame was approaching and frankly, I forgot about them. Tongue
I’ve completed all collections now, though. And I’ve got all the in-game achievements except for the “speed emblem” (finding five HOG items in five seconds). I only managed one out of three notches there.
Took me 50 minutes to finish the game. Final tally for the main game: 4 hours 35 minutes.

I really liked the final puzzle (“overloading” the cleansing program) - felt intuitive to solve.

The story was overall decent, and I liked the variety in the puzzles throughout. It’s a shame that we don’t get to catch the Watchers, but that was to be expected in a series like this.

I’ve started the bonus chapter, but haven’t finished yet. It’s a case where everybody in a town has been magically changed to look like the pharmacist (including you). It’s your job to find out what’s happened, and to identify the actual pharmacist among the lookalikes. And it’s hinted that the Watchers are involved.
Curious to see where it leads.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I kind of like your theory. Except…I consider the player and Julia to be playing as a team. So, once we team up we are solving the puzzles as a team to the benefit of both of us. So, when we reach the lake, for example, I’m doing the puzzles on the main street while Julia is finding things that will help me while she is travelling to the same destination on a parallel alleyway. However, that doesn’t explain Mags.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’m in the final section before the bonus chapter (I got the CE).  I just played that timed colored-jewel puzzle, and I am not getting younger after all. After several tries, I was one move away from completing it when time ran out and the puzzle reset, and I pressed the “skip” button out of sheer spite.

Sometimes, in casual games, when it’s puzzle after puzzle, I reach a kind of puzzle overload.

I like the idea that there are several ways through the caves, and Mads must be taking a different way most of the time.

I have found another redheaded villain—Syndrome from The Incredibles. Reading all the background info about him, however, I’ve decided that it really isn’t his fault he’s a villain. He doesn’t appear to have freckles, though. It’s the freckles that show that Julia can’t be a villain. I trust her absolutely. Really I do.

I completed a jigsaw puzzle in the “Extras” section that hints that the quest we are on is not complete and there will be a sequel.

I also think that for the angel and devil statue challenge, we should have given a devil figurine to the angel and an angel figurine to the devil. Then each statue should have crushed their opposite figurine.

What does everyone think of the quality of the animation?

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Boy! You have me stumped. I am in the process of replaying the game just for fun. I don’t remember any timed puzzle. Maybe it’s a CE thing. If you’re talking about the puzzle where you have to break each jewel in a triangle of jewels by rotating mini-jewels until the triangle is surrounded by three of the same color ... that puzzle was not timed in the SE version. (Maybe post a screenshot if that’s not the puzzle.)

I think the animation is surprisingly good for a casual game. (Of course the opening cut scene in Angelica Weaver is the standard to which all casual game animations will be measured.) The blend of the 3D animation into the 2D background was done very well. One scene I can think of is the beginning of the Lake section. There is a rowboat in the middle of the lake in 2D. You use the crook to pull it to the shore, and it cuts to a 3D animation that brings it to the edge of the pier. And then it seamlessly goes back to 2D before you get to explore it. Very good stuff.

It makes me wonder why so many “Adventure” developers think “retro pixel” is the way to go.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top