• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Flash Casual Playthrough - League of Light: The Game

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I particularly enjoyed the riddle HOG. It doesn’t feel like a HOG at all if you first have to decipher the riddles one by one to know which objects you’re looking for. Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

OK! It seems that everyone has finished section one. Completion times varied, but all were in the one hour range, So I think I’ll keep the current pacing until something happens that would cause me to change it.  We’ll start the new section tomorrow, Friday, 22 February, and have our discussion on Saturday.

If you finished the action sequence in section one, but didn’t go through the portal, feel free to do so now. This is what you’ll see.

These are the only two players that are currently playing the game with you. The guy on the left is Mads, and the girl on the right is Julia, also know as the Fox. Although she is quite “foxy” looking, that is not the reason for her nickname. We’ll find that out later. Anyway Mads is the antagonist in our story, While Julia will soon become our good friend ... we think.

During this section you will be forced to make a moral/ethical choice. It doesn’t affect the outcome of the game, but it will briefly rearrange the sequence of a few upcoming puzzles. That point comes during this scene.

Solve the portal puzzle. Go through the portal and continue playing until you reach this point. Specifically when you’ve opened to door to the next room ... the one to the left of the fireplace. Stop here.

Section two should take about 45 minutes. This section and the one that follows would take about 1:45, so I thought I would just split it at a convenient break point.

Side thought: Since Julia is an attractive woman, and you are an attractive male, (if that’s the gender you chose,) do you think makes the relationship between the two protagonists a little tense? That’s why, when I played as a female, I felt more comfortable as Julia’s confidant.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Becky - 21 February 2019 07:52 AM

A hook turning its nose up at a rope! What is the world coming to, I wonder?

Yes, huh! The developers obviously have no idea.  Laughing

TimovieMan - 21 February 2019 12:57 PM

I particularly enjoyed the riddle HOG. It doesn’t feel like a HOG at all if you first have to decipher the riddles one by one to know which objects you’re looking for. Thumbs Up

Yes, I liked that too.  Smile

Tim (R), if you’re using print screen & paint? reduce the size of the area in paint to very small before pasting otherwise you do get all the white space around.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 21 February 2019 04:14 PM

Tim (R), if you’re using print screen & paint? reduce the size of the area in paint to very small before pasting otherwise you do get all the white space around.

Alas that was not the problem. For reasons unknown the “crop” function, which you must do after the image has been appropriately sized, didn’t do what it was supposed to do. I was able to get the first image by replaying section one. And grabbed the second image from a current screen. But I wasn’t able to go back and grab the image where Julia faints.

Edit: I decided to go back and replay. So all the scenes have been updated.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 21 February 2019 02:41 PM

the girl on the right is Julia, also know as the Fox. Although she is quite “foxy” looking, that is not the reason for her nickname. We’ll find that out later.

Not my type. Tongue

During this section you will be forced to make a moral/ethical choice. It doesn’t affect the outcome of the game, but it will briefly rearrange the sequence of a few upcoming puzzles. That point comes during this scene.

I did the altruistic thing and saved the girl instead of myself. That’s pretty much what I always do in games.

Stop here.

Section two should take about 45 minutes.

36 minutes to reach this point.
But there’s a lot of stuff I still have to do at the moment. Lots of puzzles “left hanging”.

Side thought: Since Julia is an attractive woman, and you are an attractive male, (if that’s the gender you chose,) do you think makes the relationship between the two protagonists a little tense? That’s why, when I played as a female, I felt more comfortable as Julia’s confidant.

Since I think the idea is not to simply win the game, but to dissolve the organisation behind it, I don’t see any issues from our point of view.
And I’ve seen enough movies to know that usually these things end with us getting the girl. Tongue
This being part of a series, and the protagonist’s gender being variable, we’ll probably just part ways at the end.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

When it came to which one of us to save, I picked Julia.  We had gathered all the ingredients for the antidote, but I didn’t remember seeing a written recipe for it.  Since she was the one with the knowledge, I hoped she’d try to revive me (or otherwise it would have been a very short game).  It would be interesting to do the opposite at that point to see if I could put together the antidote for her in time.

It took me an hour and 9 minutes to do this section, and I’m ready to continue.  (I hate having an open door I can’t go through.)  The puzzle behind the gold and silver doors had me stumped.  My character said she had seen those symbols before, but I couldn’t find a clue to it anywhere.  After trying dozens of combinations, I finally checked the strategy guide for the answer. 

Oh, and I’m playing as a female.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Lady Kestrel - 22 February 2019 06:52 PM

When it came to which one of us to save, I picked Julia.  We had gathered all the ingredients for the antidote, but I didn’t remember seeing a written recipe for it.  Since she was the one with the knowledge, I hoped she’d try to revive me (or otherwise it would have been a very short game)

The puzzle behind the gold and silver doors had me stumped.  My character said she had seen those symbols before, but I couldn’t find a clue to it anywhere.  After trying dozens of combinations, I finally checked the strategy guide for the answer.

The basic difference is that you find the recipe and make the antidote at the same table Julia made it for you. So basically it adds one more puzzle to the game.

The silver/gold door puzzle is another example of the over-thinking problem I mentioned before. Did I miss something? Could the solution be in the Greenhouse? By now you know the solution, like the statue with the basin puzzle, was far simpler than you made it out to be. FWIW, I had the same problem when I first played the game.

But that’s part of what makes this a fun game. It invites overthinking things when a simple solution is readily available. Apply palm of hand to forehead and say “Well Duh.”  Pan

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

TimovieMan - 21 February 2019 12:57 PM

That was a fun puzzle for me as well. Although the one riddle I had trouble with when I first played the game was the one where the answer was the skull. Because that was truly a hidden object, and I was not expecting that.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

rtrooney - 22 February 2019 08:25 PM
Lady Kestrel - 22 February 2019 06:52 PM

The puzzle behind the gold and silver doors had me stumped.  My character said she had seen those symbols before, but I couldn’t find a clue to it anywhere.  After trying dozens of combinations, I finally checked the strategy guide for the answer.

The silver/gold door puzzle is another example of the over-thinking problem I mentioned before. Did I miss something? Could the solution be in the Greenhouse? By now you know the solution, like the statue with the basin puzzle, was far simpler than you made it out to be. FWIW, I had the same problem when I first played the game.

But that’s part of what makes this a fun game. It invites overthinking things when a simple solution is readily available. Apply palm of hand to forehead and say “Well Duh.”  Pan

Maybe I’m missing something, but I still don’t know how I should have known which symbols to use.  I’m talking about the room with the two knights.  I found the keys, opened the doors, and had to choose three correct symbols , but I still don’t know why it was those three.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

If I’ve got the right place Lady K the symbols should correspond to the window arrangement in the scene behind

I’ve got to the stopping point myself. I hated the well puzzle & skipped it as it represents a puzzle that I don’t want to do, got nothing out of & therefore a time-waster!  Laughing
Regarding the moral choice I chose to save myself - that seems terrible but I didn’t know the lady & therefore had no reason to trust her so why would I choose her life over mine? As it was I didn’t have a choice, the game took over & saved her & then I felt guilty when she thanked me.

I’m enjoying the game so far which is proving to be far more ‘adventury’ than any CG I’ve previously encountered just on account of some of the multi-stepped inventory puzzles.

I had to use the hint just a couple of times I thought I needed another tile rather than a valve for what turned out to be the safe puzzle which in itself was easy enough. I didn’t quite grasp the concept of an earlier slider puzzle & still don’t get it?
Anyway I’ve got to the stopping point. My time clocked in at 1 hr 54 which means I spent 1 hr 3 mins on this last bit - I may have made a cup of coffee during my playtime.    Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thanks for letting me know where I went wrong on that puzzle, Chrissie.  It’s a reminder that I do need to be more observant.

If you’re talking about the slider puzzle with the eye, there are two layers of tiles you can slide.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Lady Kestrel - 23 February 2019 02:12 PM

If you’re talking about the slider puzzle with the eye, there are two layers of tiles you can slide.

Yes. It didn’t work for me - I must have done something wrong but I don’t know what & I fiddled around for a long time????

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Did you move the two tiles that don’t match the pattern?  Like the front tiles, there’s only one blank space underneath.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

It was the slider puzzle with the eye - I skipped but don’t get it?  Smile

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Not that you want to play section two anymore, but the next section turned out to be much shorter than I thought it was. So…..

Go through the portal and you’re here:

Continue playing until you reach this point:

That should take about 30 minutes. Unless ... There is a puzzle in the second part of section two that is very clever, as well as being very subtle. You’ll either get in three minutes, or you’ll spend an hour looking for your mistake. The answer, like the glass pane puzzle is right in front of you.

I’m moving the start of section three up to Monday, 25 February to allow you to get to the next starting point. I’ll post the finishing point tomorrow.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top