• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooneyseagul

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Aggies, 2019

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Mark your calendars, and set your clocks, because the big day (or big THREE days) are nearly upon us!

As promised, we’ll not only be sharing our usual print presentation of the Aggies here on AG, we’ll also be unveiling a “live” video of the winners each day, courtesy of Gamewalker and our host Ivy Dupler.

Where and when to watch? Right here, on Wednesday at 8pm UTC (3pm Eastern). Then the same time Thursday and Friday for days 2 and 3.

We had a nice turnout with a lively chat for the nominee reveal, but this is for all the marbles, so we hope to see even more people there! (You can click the link now and set a reminder if you’re worried about forgetting when the hour is at hand.)

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

10 minute(ish) warning! If you’re around, join us live for the Day 1 video unveiling!

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Looking forward to it!

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Good stuff, congrats to all. Super happy for Footprints! My one criticism: went by too fast. Looking forward to the next one.

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Unavowed rules the first day! 2 Aggies and 3 Reader`s Choices!
Return of the Obra Dinn comes next with 1 Aggie and 1 Reader`s Choice and Larry Wet Dreams Don`t Dry: no Aggies but 2 Reader`s Choices. The People have spoken Smile

Good stuff!

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 66

Joined 2013-08-29

PM

It isn’t lost on me that both Hero-U and Leisure Suit Larry are represented in the Aggies, even if in some cases just in the runner-up lists on Day 1. I realize that LSL had an all-new team, but how awesome of a return of some of Sierra’s classic stable!

“Drinking rum before 10 a.m. makes you a pirate, not an alcoholic!”

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Ahenobarbus - 20 February 2019 03:43 PM

Unavowed rules the first day! 2 Aggies and 3 Reader`s Choices! ...The People have spoken Smile

and will go on nailing at least 9-10 of the awards

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Didn’t expect to see Detective Gallo winning the Best Comedy award, although it made me realise how few comedy games we are getting lately. And too bad Obra Dinn didn’t win the Best Concept in addition to the Best Gameplay. Adventure games with RPG elements might be rare, but Obra offers a truly unique concept that might not be repeated ever again.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Doom - 20 February 2019 11:34 PM

Didn’t expect to see Detective Gallo winning the Best Comedy award, although it made me realise how few comedy games we are getting lately. And too bad Obra Dinn didn’t win the Best Concept in addition to the Best Gameplay. Adventure games with RPG elements might be rare, but Obra offers a truly unique concept that might not be repeated ever again.

As much as I think Obra Dinn is great, the concept is not particularly brilliant. Time-travel to solve murders has been done before and it doesn’t even make much sense on a number of levels.

OTOH From what I have read about The Council, it is a brilliant concept let down by poor plotting and gameplay.

Detective Gallo - was it a comedy game? I did not find it funny at all. Shame Hero-U didn’t win.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Luhr28 - 20 February 2019 11:41 PM

As much as I think Obra Dinn is great, the concept is not particularly brilliant. Time-travel to solve murders has been done before and it doesn’t even make much sense on a number of levels.

I wouldn’t even call it time-traveling, there’s just a still image of someone’s last second. And I actually liked the way nobody bothered writing a long prologue explaining what was going on and where the magic compass came from. Made it even more conceptual and unique. Detective Gallo’s humour also didn’t click with me, even Unawoved had better jokes.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Don’t miss out on the Day 2 video unveiling. Destination viewing, same Bat-time, same Bat-channel. (8pm UTC, 3pm Eastern).

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

After second day, it`s quite obvious that Unavowed is the master here.
3 aggies and 6! Reader`s Choices. Hats off!
I`m little surprised that Chuchel has so strong position here. I love Amanita and I haven`t played Chuchel yet, but I didn`t expect it to succeed so well Smile 3 aggies and 1 Reader`s Choice.
Detective Gallo was another small surprise. I thought that Larry or Hero-U would win the comedy price.

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Whoops i forgot to vote in this one.. but so far looks like the reader winners i wouldv voted for. Unavowed is the big winner for me.

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Up soon, you can watch the heavy hitters duke it out for the year’s top Aggies. New link, same time. We’ve had developers drop by for the live chats, so don’t be shy about popping by and joining in!

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

2018 Best Adventure Runners-Up:

Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don’t Dry

Detective Gallo

Lamplight City

Unforeseen Incidents

Wow.. that’s a kick in the balls for any developer wanting to make more innovative adventure games.

(just an observation - no judgement here!) Wink

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top