• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Aggies, 2019

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Almost that time, any favorites to win?

I’d love to see a best console/handheld exclusive Aggie again, an Aggie for best remake, and one for best Japanese adventure game.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

2018 was pretty mediocre year but there is some gems. I`m having a really good time with Unforeseen Incidents, but my favorite is still Unavowed. Also, I need to find some time to play Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don`t Dry before the Aggies hit Smile

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 262

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

I have two: Unavowed and Return of the Obra Dinn. They’re both great.

Total Posts: 37

Joined 2010-11-25

PM

I have to agree that it will probably be between Unavowed and return of the Obra dinn for best adventure game of the year. My guess would be that Unavowed would win Traditional game of the year and Return of the Obra dinn the Non Traditonal Game of the year and then a toss up to see who wins the overall game of the year.

I also hope Lamplight City and Pillars of the Earth win some aggies.

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I haven’t played many games made in 2018, but my favourite is clearly Obra Dinn. Considering the laudatory reviews it received, I would be surprised if it weren’t voted best game of the year.

Unavowed was good and deserves at least one award (maybe best traditional adventure ? not that it’s completely traditional with its party mechanism, but it is more “conservative” than Obra Dinn).

Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don’t Dry looks like a viable candidate for best comedy, and I hope The Shapeshifting Detective gets at least a mention (thought that probably won’t be for best acting).

Lamplight City wasn’t well-received enough to be in the race, but I hope they get something in the visuals or sound department.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-02-13

PM

I wouldn’t call 2018 a lacklustre year, yes in terms of the number of good adventures games it was a poor year but… any year that gives us ‘Unavowed’, ‘Return of the Obra Din’, ‘The Red Strings Club’ (candidate best narrative) or ‘11-11 Memories Retold’ and the first episode of ‘Life is Strange 2’ can’t be a bad year, far from it since those games are amazing.

And there’s more, we also had games like ‘Forgotten Anne’, ‘Hero Rogue-U’, ‘Unforeseen Incidents’, ‘Gris’, ‘The Shapeshifting Detective’, ‘Beyond the Sky’, ‘Tshioque’, a new ‘Leisure Suit Larry’ game or ‘Apocalipsis: Harry at the End of the World’ so it will be interesting to see who will be nominated at the Aggies.

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

NickyLarson - 02 February 2019 08:39 AM

and I hope The Shapeshifting Detective gets at least a mention (thought that probably won’t be for best acting).

Really? I thought the acting was great.

The Gardens Between would have been nailed-on for “best gameplay” if it was not for The Return of the Obra Dinn, but I hope at least it gets some kind of award.

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

cyfoyjvx - 03 February 2019 12:14 AM
NickyLarson - 02 February 2019 08:39 AM

and I hope The Shapeshifting Detective gets at least a mention (thought that probably won’t be for best acting).

Really? I thought the acting was great.

I wouldn’t say it was bad, they’re all good actors but I think it must have been a directional choice to make it a bit “over the top”. In its defense, I played The Infectious Madness of Dr Dekker right after and found the acting much more believable, so I guess my memory is tainted by the comparison.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Big news for the 2018 Aggies!

Nominations will be announced this Friday (February 8th), with the reader poll to follow on Monday Feb 11, and then the final presentation across three days, Wed-Fri Feb 20-22nd.

(That’s not the big news. That’s the usual news.)

This year, though, we have a special treat. In cooperation with Gamewalker, AG is pleased to present a video announcement of the nominees, hosted by the very talented Ivy Dupler (Lamplight City, Unavowed)!

Sounds awesome, you say, but were to watch it, and when? You’re absolutely right, and good questions!

You can see it right here.

The video will open to the public at 8pm GMT Friday, and if you’d like to see the announcements unveiled “live”, you can even sign up right away for reminders of the big event.

Of course we’ll have a written version with a streamed video published on the site as well, at exactly the same time, but you’ll have to remember that on your own. Wink

We’ll have a similar video presentation of the actual Aggie Award winners as well, so if you like what you see, there will be plenty more where this came from!

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Sounds awesome! No need for the Oscars anymore. Can’t wait.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 37

Joined 2010-11-25

PM

For me this is better than the Oscars Smile Looking forward to it!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Brilliant News Jackal!

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Great!  Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Doom - 07 February 2019 03:58 PM

No need for the Oscars anymore.

Well, the Oscars have the red carpet, overlong speeches, and song-and-dance numbers, but we’ve got the awards that really matter. (And at least we have a host. Grin)

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Awesome news! Laughing

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

For me, my favorite adventure game I played from last year was Detroit Become Human.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top