• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

In search of games similar to the Dark Fall Series/Agatha Christie Series/etc.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2013-01-11

PM

I enjoyed playing the Dark Fall series by Jonathan Boakes, completed all of them including his other titles such as Barrow Hill and the Lost Crown.
I also enjoyed the Agatha Chrities series (not the hidden objects driven ones) and fairly enjoyed those as well.
I played the Nancy Drew series when I was younger but I prefer the older gameplay style they had in the beginning.

I’m having a hard time finding other games to get into, I like the supernatural creepy feel of the Dark Fall series with the mystery aspect and would love to find something similar to that.
Right now on my list is the game Scratches but I would like some other suggestions.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches is similar to Dark Fall and very good.

An older one is Amber: Journeys Beyond, which is a classic and a must-play if you like Dark Fall.

I can’t think of any others right now.

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

Scratches!

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2008-12-23

PM

I think Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened might be a good choice for you. It is both detective and supernatural.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/11140/

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Another newish game in the same vein of Dark Fall is Baron Wittard: Nemesis of Ragnarok. I thought it was great fun. Unfortunately it didn’t get much attention, and I have no idea why.

I didn’t really like Scratches. It was ok but I definitely wouldn’t recommend it over Dark Fall or Amber.

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

You should also check Darkness within 1&2. Very Detectve style (with an important in-game notebook), with Horror theme a la Lovecraft. However, in terms of quality, I would also recommend Scratces.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top