• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Let’s Subtitle Blade Runner by Westwood Studios

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Thanks for doing that. I am a bit hard of hearing and never got to completely enjoy blade runner because of that

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

An HD remake or modern port seems highly unlikely coz all of the original game assets have been lost but you can find here how actually should’ve been look.

Lost art of Blade Runner
Complete gallery

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 91

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

I’ve recently read in a reddit topic (Remaster Update and Source Code) that EA managed to find a significant part of Westwood’s original source files (for C&C) that they could (potentially) now use for the Command & Conquer series remasters.

So maybe not everything is actually lost for Blade Runner, either. They’ll just have to search a bit harder Smile

In other news, I’m now working on fixing some of the original game logic/ gameplay bugs I’ve spotted in the game while I’ve been playing it for the ScummVM supported version.

I am still awaiting any feedback for the transcript and still have to re-check and polish the last portion of it (post Act 3).

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

I like to give whole feedback but scummvm saves doesn’t work(it loads but scene freezes)
Your transcipt is solid till mid act2 though.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

Gabe - 01 March 2019 07:15 AM

I like to give whole feedback but scummvm saves doesn’t work(it loads but scene freezes)
Your transcipt is solid till mid act2 though.

Thank you Gabe!

Up to that point, these are some of the specific issues/question I have with my transcript:
1. What is Sadik saying to Eisenduller and what he responds at some point during the cutscene at the start of Act 2 (I think I’ve marked it as incomprehensible). Sadik starts with: “Understand…” something - something. And Eisenduller says “Only (...something…) extra terrestrial gravity”. Those are too hard to make out.
2. Do Howie and Zuben say “mix” or “makes” (in which case Zuben is using it irregularly, but he is doing that a lot with his syntax so it would be intentional) when referring to the soup?
3. Is the term for the fake sushi “nu-soots”? It seems like the term was made up for the game, but I’m unsure if this is actually the case or there was some kind of reasoning behind the naming.

Let me know what scene you are having issues at, so I can check if it’s a bug that can be fixed. Also make sure you get the latest Scummvm for the daily builds because we’ve been quite busy updating it, fixing stuff almost with daily frequency.

There was an issue with the save-load system (where actors would appear frozen in a scene and McCoy wouldn’t move) but that got resolved. However, it would still affect saved games that were made for games started before the fix.

Edit: Reading your post again, I think you are affected by the above issue, before it got fixed. In which case, if you don’t want to start a new game again (get the latest ScummVM build if you do), then you could try to bring up the debugger console after you have loaded your game (with the frozen actors) by pressing Ctrl+D and then write in the console:

timer 0 5 10 

Press Enter and then Esc to resume the game.
This will unfreeze McCoy so you can continue playing—but not the other actors. Since this was a timer related bug, all the actors eventually will get unfrozen (even McCoy) on their own if you just leave the game waiting, but sometimes it will take a few minutes, other times it could take more than half an hour (!) Frown
Again make sure you get the latest ScummVM executable to avoid this issue in the future.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

stroggoff - 01 March 2019 07:51 AM

3. Is the term for the fake sushi “nu-soots”? It seems like the term was made up for the game, but I’m unsure if this is actually the case or there was some kind of reasoning behind the naming.

I’d guess “nu-sush”, but I’m not completely sure from the audio.

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

Phlebas - 01 March 2019 10:29 AM

Hm, there seems to be a distinct ‘t’ sound in it, though. Here’s all the quotes that I could find for it from the game:
https://soundcloud.com/user-412215317/fakesushi/s-sg0Yq

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

stroggoff - 01 March 2019 10:54 AM
Phlebas - 01 March 2019 10:29 AM

Hm, there seems to be a distinct ‘t’ sound in it, though. Here’s all the quotes that I could find for it from the game:
https://soundcloud.com/user-412215317/fakesushi/s-sg0Yq

I’d say that was a ‘ch’ rather than a ‘t’. Nu-sooch, maybe. I agree not ‘sh’, though, which would make most sense!

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

I also heard “ch”, although the chef, who is apparently speaking English as a second language, says “t”.  I’d leave that in. 

I’d vote for nu-sush in the rest of the translation making more sense.

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

If the word is supposed to be some kind of Japanese word, it has to end with a vowel sound.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Nu-sushu?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

It’s only mentioned in the 3 instances (the sound sample I’ve linked above). So, for now I’m changing it to nu-sooch.

Maybe at some point we could get feedback from David Leary himself Smile or perhaps David Yorkin, the other screenwriter, and sort this out definitively.

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

By the way the original post is being updated whenever I upload a new version for the subtitles file.

edit: Current link for the SUBTITLES.MIX file (March 21 2019 ) is:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=18Br40tbK1pDTrhhE4XkCYRtLvhg8oCH6

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top