• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrelrtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quiz: “Out in the Cold Again” [ENDED]

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Very cool quiz, DarkEye! I still suck at identifying freeware games, too many unfamiliar titles, but I’m quite pleased with my score. The unguessed pics that bug me most are Sam and Max, Lilly Looking Through, and Chaos. I played them and of course I should have recognized them…

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Played a few of those I didn’t get like Sam and Max, GK and Fahrenheit. But the only thing that matters is I didn’t finish last : ]

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Thanks for this quiz DarkEye, that was fun, and congratulations to everyone! I probably couldn’t have reached a much better score, but I can’t understand how I missed Gabriel Knight Cry

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Man, this quiz really gave me the cold shoulder! Tongue

Even though I never do very well I always enjoy participating and look forward to them. Thanks DarkEye and congrats everyone!

PS. As usual I see there are about 10 more I should have gotten… doh!

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thank you for the chilling quiz, DarkEye!  So many of the pics snowed me, but a bit of hot chocolate helped warm my innards!  Kudos to Eddyc for missing only 5, and congrats to Chrissie and Marzipan for those very decent scores.

There were a couple of head slappers for me in the mix, but the one that puzzles me, since I haven’t played the game, is #7, The Curse of Monkey Island.  Where in the world in the game does that character come in?

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Lady Kestrel - 30 January 2019 09:10 PM

There were a couple of head slappers for me in the mix, but the one that puzzles me, since I haven’t played the game, is #7, The Curse of Monkey Island.  Where in the world in the game does that character come in?

There is a point in the game where you ride a roller coaster that goes through several rooms with dioramas. The yeti on a snowy mountain top is in one of them. (That was one of the screenshots I recognized but couldn’t remember the game, the pirate hat should have given it away, but alas!)

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Ah!  Thanks Sir B.!  I came across some info about the roller coaster ride but didn’t realize that the yeti was part of it.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 136

Joined 2015-10-03

PM

The virtual snow and cold did not bother me but, alas, the real ones have me bedridden for the past couple of days.
Nevertheless, thanks Darkeye for the quiz and congratulations to everyone else.

Total Posts: 1260

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

What about a quiz about fire now? The Song of Ice and Fire…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

#13 was a bit sneaky but clever image. I’ve thought that somebody is “looking through” (the ice) should give you a clue. At least that sounded right in my head. Tongue

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

walas74 - 31 January 2019 03:34 AM

What about a quiz about fire now? The Song of Ice and Fire…

I’ve tried to create one 4 years ago. I still have those images lying around my HD. Maybe some day, maybe some day…. Smile

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

DarkEye - 31 January 2019 06:47 AM

#13 was a bit sneaky but clever image. I’ve thought that somebody is “looking through” (the ice) should give you a clue. At least that sounded right in my head. Tongue

LOL! Nice, but just a tiny bit farfetched, sorry. Besides, my head thinks in Dutch.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Farfetched…another new and interesting word for me. Laughing

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Lady Kestrel - 30 January 2019 09:10 PM

Thank you for the chilling quiz, DarkEye!  So many of the pics snowed me, but a bit of hot chocolate helped warm my innards!

Yeah, this quiz was snow much fun! Even though I haven’t taken the part in it, it was ice to see many different images, and just to chill out looking at it! Some of those landscapes really made me melt! All in all, this quiz was really - COOL!

Lady Kestrel - 30 January 2019 09:28 PM

Ah!  Thanks Sir B.!  I came across some info about the roller coaster ride but didn’t realize that the yeti was part of it.

You could say, you were mis-sled!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Some good puns always brighten my day, Diego! Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top