• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Naming children after adventure game characters

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Isn’t Robin Williams daughter name Zelda Williams? If he did it, it’s cool.

April and Zoe sound good but I think Oscar would be the only one possible in my language and I definitely don’t like it.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

You could name your children Jack after Jack Keane or Kate after Kate Walker and no one would suspect you’re a nerd.

On an unrelated note, I din’t name my cat by any of the adventure game characters, but I’m thinking of it as an adventure game sidekick. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Hehe, when I saw this topic the only names that kept running through my head were the many variations of Guybrush’s name that appear throughout the series. Gibberish Driftwood, Mancomb Seepgood etc…:P Not the best names for actual children, I’m sure, but then again, don’t forget that kids are brutal. If they want to make fun of someone, they WILL find something to make fun of, no matter what the target’s name might be, the important part is how you handle it when you’re the subject (or more importantly, how your parents teach you to deal with it).

I myself have a name that’s very easy to make fun of in my language, fortunately, I learned at an early age to laugh at it myself, rather than becoming insulted when others were having fun with it. And trust me, they were. I must have heard every single thinkable pun involving my name throughout the years Tongue

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

There are quite a few risk-free names.
April
Zoe
Kian
Tex
Mac
Kate
Manny (well, maybe not that one)
Oscar
Carol
Stina
Brian

Total Posts: 43

Joined 2009-12-24

PM

How has noone considered Guybrush yet?

Honestly, I love April as a name. and loved the game, the two don’t have to be linked.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

How about Swampy?
Or Missile?

And you can make “Danger” their middle name, so they’ll have puns for the rest of their lives… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

Well, my youngest is named Kate.  Maybe when she starts toddling around I’ll call her “Kate Walker”.  Nerd

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Interplay - 11 January 2013 08:55 PM

Maybe when she starts toddling around I’ll call her “Kate Walker”.  Nerd

Make sure you do it in the Oscar voice! Wink

Total Posts: 406

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

I’ve got to admit I’ve considered Gabriel… but then, after watching a lot of Buffy years ago I wanted to name a kid Xander….

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Diego and Oscar and Skeeter and Sefir: X-mas hatsies are soooo last year!

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

TimovieMan - 11 January 2013 08:05 PM

And you can make “Danger” their middle name, so they’ll have puns for the rest of their lives… Tongue

That reminds me of a Rincewind quote: “Luck is my middle name.Mind you, Bad is the first.”

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Fien - 12 January 2013 07:28 AM

I seem to remember someone encouraging us all to wear xmas hats a few weeks ago. Make up your mind! Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Oscar - 12 January 2013 06:55 PM

I seem to remember someone encouraging us all to wear xmas hats a few weeks ago. Make up your mind! Smile

Traditionally, the Christmas decoration is to be taken down after the 6th of January (Epiphany).

Well, it is in Belgium at least… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

well just wearing them as normal hatsies is ok by me….i mean they must get very lonely when they only get remembered by people two weeks per year. Tongue

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Oscar - 12 January 2013 06:55 PM
Fien - 12 January 2013 07:28 AM

Eaxtly! I’m the Queen of Hatsies and you obeyed me then, so why not now?  Tongue

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top