• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Do Sherlock Holmes games have many talk options?

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2018-11-27

PM

I mean like RPG style.

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Not sure I understand the question but I’ll try..

From the Sherlock games I’ve played, you do of course talk to people but the conversations are extremely linear like almost every other adventure game out there. It’s not like RPGs such as Mass Effect or Dragon Age, Skyrim etc where you are given choices to suit your character or playing style. 

So the answer is no I guess. If you’ve played any other detective game (or adventure game in general) you know what to expect in Sherlock Holmes.

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

You need to specify which Sherlock Holmes games you mean. There have been several made, some very recently, some going back 30 years, and by different companies. Some are pixelart, some are are FMV, some are first person, some are third person, and so on.

Obviously some of these games have absolutely no dialogue options, but some do.

Generally speaking though, they don’t have very many dialogue puzzles, if that was the point of your question.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I have vague memories of the Rose Tattoo game, only that it had lots and lots of text and interactions - just like an RPG. But I guess the question is about the more recent Sherlock Holmes series.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2018-01-09

PM

So in other words the Frogwares games.  I’ve only played one of them (“The Awakened”) but I don’t remember there being many dialogue options.  The gameplay mostly consisted of finding all of the clues in a given area to progress in the story.  There is definitely dialogue but I don’t remember being given different choices of what to say. 

The exception is at the end of each chapter there is usually a riddle or puzzle you must solve with a fill in the blank answer (NOT multiple choice).  These are pretty difficult as you have to piece together all of the clues you’ve found to figure out what the correct answer is.

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-12-29

PM

Broadly speaking, no. There are no rpg-like character progression options, so dialog options do not depend on skills, attributes or anything like that. Some lines may only become available after making certain discoveries or inferences, but (having played all of the Frogwares Sherlock Holmes games) I don’t recall any options being “bad” or locking you out of things. Possibly in a few instances in The Devil’s Daughter, but even there I doubt it affects the story much.

The golden age of mathematics - that was not the age of Euclid, it is ours. -Cassius Jackson Keyser

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top