• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Nancy Drew Games

Total Posts: 82

Joined 2016-09-11

PM

I noticed the full collection of these on sale for £21 and I wondered what peoples experiences of these games were. Are they proper adventure games that adults can appreciate or more for aimed at young girls?

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2012-10-14

PM

I think the majority of fans are young girls, but I’m a 34 year old man and I LOVE the Nancy Drew games haha Neutral

My 2017 adventure gaming year consisted of playing through all of the games in order. I really loved how each game has a distinct setting and identity; I loved the puzzles; and I enjoyed the stories and the “whodunnit” element to each game.

Some are better than others but I still enjoyed playing through the whole series Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

If it’s the Steam one, it’s not a full collection. There are 18 of the main games a 2 of the Dossier games.

There are 33 of the main games.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

A most opportune thread so thanks to Supplementman Smile
I’ve been mildly interested in playing the series (same for Carol Reed) so for £21 it seemed a good idea to purchase - even it has to be on Steam Frown - but also because my friend’s young daughter has shown a distinct interest in “investigating” on a PC. Discovered this when she decided she wanted to look everywhere she could in Painscreek in Painscreek Killings. That, as anyone who has played it knows, is very involved and fairly slow moving so I was wondering what else I could guide her around. Most of what I own wouldn’t really be suitable either for being too complicated or too adult. On checking the games are recommended for 10 years and up and she’s only 5 but considering her enjoyment of discovering things, plus I’ll be sitting with her, I thought I’d give them ago so, once again, thanks to Supplementman.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The games are aimed at young women, about 18 years old, but if you enjoy a good adventure game you’ll enjoy these too.

Some have pretty interesting plots and are well produced games.

The price of this collection is amazing. Normally these games are 20 dollars each.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2018-10-10

PM

I’m a 37 year old male and I loved playing the Nancy Drew games. I cant wait for Midnight in Salem to be released. Smile

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Well, having got through about 3 quarters of Secrets Can Kill I can safely say that the games, unless they change dramatically as the series goes on, it is not suitable for a 5 year old. It’s a much more complex game than I was thinking it was going to be given what I have read about the games and no way would I expect a youngster to be able to follow the story even with an adult hand-holding them all the way.

Apart from the dialogue, which is not particularly logical nor realistic, I’m quite enjoying it. Hopefully the series dialogue improves as it goes along.

And in case anyone is wondering who has played the game yes, I did get blown up first time in the maintenance room  Smile

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Secrets Can Kill being the first game in the series, I consider it to be kind of a stub. The following instalments get much better in my opinion, but I don’t know if they would be suitable for a 5 year-old as the plot could be hard to follow indeed at such a young age, and the puzzles, often too complicated. She might be interested in exploring some environments, like the theme park in The Haunted Carousel, or the town in Secret of the Old Clock, which has a nice, not scary setting, but it could be better to wait a couple years before giving them a try if you want her to get the most out of it. Have you tried some games targeted at younger kids, like the Pajama Sam series? I remember a thread here giving several suggestions for children, there may be some titles you haven’t thought of yet?

Nancy Drew games are pretty fun though, the Steam sale sounds like a good opportunity if you want to play them for you own enjoyment Smile the titles not included in the pack are also available at a reduced price at the moment, by the way.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

NickyLarson - 27 December 2018 03:05 PM

I remember a thread here giving several suggestions for children, there may be some titles you haven’t thought of yet?

Kid-friendly recommendations.

Really, you should check the Game recommendations and important/popular threads thread more often for stuff like this. Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

TimovieMan - 27 December 2018 06:56 PM

Really, you should check the Game recommendations and important/popular threads thread more often for stuff like this. Wink

It’s my go-to database for all things AG.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top