• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Primordia (the boxed edition) - a joke?

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

Anyone else that received their pre ordered boxed edition of Primordia that feel that it is a joke?

DON’T GET ME WRONG, I LOVE THE GAME AND WADJET EYE, but seriously the box and the CD of the game looks like a joke! It looks like some cheap Thailand illegal DVD copy of a game.

Why could they have not released the game like they did with the Resonance box? That box was beautiful and the disk looked nice too. I know that that boxed edition was 5 bucks more expensive, but still…

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Not the greatest, but I’m not that bothered by it (mind you, I didn’t get the Resonance boxed version, so I have no way to compare).

The bigger problem for me was figuring out having to copy the bin file to my harddrive and rename it so that the installer could work.

I was getting a bit agitated I got sent a faulty DVD before I figured it out.

Still not great, though, that I had to do that and there was nothing on the disc to tell me that.

Total Posts: 45

Joined 2003-09-09

PM

Hi everyone. Dave from Wadjet Eye here.

re: the package itself

We would have LOVED to have done a nice boxed edition like we did with Resonance, but like I reported on our newsletter and on the website itself - the boxed editions proved to be much too expensive and time consuming to produce, in addition to the shipping costs being prohibitively high (shipping costs rose to almost $20 from the US to Europe, in addition to the cost of the item itself). We did the DVD snapcase editions with every other game we launched, so we decided to go back to doing that in lieu of not doing a physical copy at all.

re: the installer bug

Argh. Yes. some others have reported this issue as well. It appears that a file was somehow renamed during the duplication process. If you got one of these disks, email me. I have an offer for you that might make up for it.

Website: Wadjet Eye Games || Twitter: @wadjeteyegames || Currently working on: Unavowed

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

@DaveGilbert

Once again, no hard feelings, I was just a litte bit disappointed with the packing and the disk. Smile I had a little bit high hopes after the Resonance box.

Once again, keep it up with the great games. Smile I’m looking forward to see more games from Wadjet Eye.

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I’m honestly just glad to get something that I can put my shelf as long as it isn’t a disc in a paper sleeve.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Now this is customer service!

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

i am envious of how awesome that resonance box looks.

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

As a customer who bought both the Resonance and Primordia physical editions, it was for me very clear from the start that Primordia would have a simple DVD, not a fully boxed version.
Anybody else keeps also them shrink-wrapped? I already had the digital download anyway… Smile

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

yeah…also knew it from the get go that it would be a simple boxed version.also i don’t have a thing for extras and just want it as a physical copy so worked pretty good for me.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top