• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Draugen

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

From the makers of Dreamfall Chapters. Written by Ragnar Tørnquist.

From STEAM

The year is 1923. You play Edward Charles Harden, an American traveller who’s come to Norway to find his missing sister. But you’re not alone: at every step of the way, Edward’s accompanied by his ward, Lissie; a gregarious, independent and enigmatic young woman. Together, you must explore this scenic coastal community — nestled amongst the fjords and mountains of rural Norway — in your search for Edward’s sister, and unearth the darkness that lies beneath the picturesque surface.

Draugen is in development and will be released in 2019.

Key features

“I am not alone”: explore 1920s coastal Norway accompanied by a living, breathing, independent companion
  Interact with your companion, Lissie, through a realistic and dynamic dialogue system
  Experience a thrilling tale through the eyes of an increasingly unreliable narrator
  Find your own path through a scenic setting that changes with the weather and Edward’s mental state
  “A story about what lies beneath”: piece together a gripping narrative with unexpected twists and turns

Additional features

A beautiful original musical score from award-winning composer Simon Poole (Dreamfall, The Secret World, The Park, Dreamfall Chapters)
  Written by Ragnar Tørnquist (The Longest Journey, Dreamfall, The Secret World, Dreamfall Chapters)
  Designed and developed by the team behind Dreamfall Chapters
  Fully voiced in English, with motion-captured characters

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2015-01-05

PM

Saw this revealed at AdventureX - looks DARN AMAZING! Can’t wait to get my hands on this.

Total Posts: 72

Joined 2017-03-27

PM

Thank you, Lucien21! I haven’t heard about this game. It looks absolutely wonderful. I am so glad to see this.

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

I usually avoid first person adventures but this is one I’m def getting. It looks great and Ragnar hasn’t disappointed me yet

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

It looks fantastic. I am afraid system requirements are going to be high, though.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Mins ago, the first story trailer debut.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Hmm,looks far less ambitious than Dreamfall Chapters.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

More Draugen details straight from the horse’s mouth: https://adventuregamers.com/articles/view/37477/

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top