• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Wormsie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Resonance - Savegame doesnt work on another PC

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2013-01-05

PM

Hi,

i wanted to use my Resonance savegame which ive played on my laptop on my pc.
Sadly it doesnt work at all and only throws this
http://screencast.com/t/qRm4E1tAN error.

Can anyone help with this or can´t i play this now, only because i have steam installed in different directories? (which would be kinda frustrating).

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2004-09-28

PM

That’s a strange error.  Save files should be compatible when bringing it from one computer to another as long as you’re not trying to bring a save from the demo to the full game (which unfortunately does not work.) 

Does the game start up normally and crash with this message when you select the save file from the load menu?  Does the save file show up in the load menu with a screenshot and description as expected?

Or is it crashing right when trying to start the executable (in which case, the executable itself might be the problem and I’d advise re-installing.

Is it possible that you renamed the executable (normally Resonance.exe) on either your laptop or pc?  I’m not certain that that would cause a problem, but worth checking.

Other than that, maybe try making sure that you have the same version of the executable on both computers (by copying it from one to the other on a USB stick or something)?

Let me know what you find out.  And you can email me direct at vince dot twelve at gmail dot com if that’s easier.

Joined 2013-01-05

PM

Hello and thanks for your answer!

There are no differences in the game versions at all, just tried it with a fresh re-install and one install of the GoG version (yes, i bought the game twice Wink ).
Also the import save you gave out for those who played the demo, won´t work for me.

Only if i start anew, it works flawless..

The only difference i know is that steam is installed in different folders and that the language of laptop and pc is different (laptop = german/pc = english).

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2004-09-28

PM

Hmmm.  Sounds to me like it might be the language thing.

Does the game start up normally and crash with this message when you select the save file from the load menu?  Does the save file show up in the load menu with a screenshot and description as expected?

Or is it crashing right when trying to start the executable?

Could you send me the save file at the email address I mentioned above?

Joined 2013-01-05

PM

Hello,

did you get the email?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top