• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cube Escape Paradox: game + film

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Karlok - 15 October 2018 12:55 AM

Pond is the key word. Smile
Did you know Vandermeer literally translates to of-the-lake? And Vanderboom means of-the-tree.

Ha, very interesting! I didn’t know that but it definitely makes sense.

If I’d know about their Kickstarter I would have backed them without thinking twice. I also would have had a chance to get me a copy of the painting of Mr Crow and my Corrupted Soul.

Yeah, I missed out on the kickstarter as well. I thought it was really cool that they offered a lot of the props as rewards: the painting, Laura’s dress, the cubes, Mr. Crows mask! But yeah, I’d love a copy of the painting hanging on my wall, ( quite a conversation piece Wink ) On a side note, I did find all the achievements, therefore entering myself into the contest, hopefully I’ll get lucky and win something. Smile

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I played all 3 of the commercial Rusty Lake games - I really liked the strangeness of the atmosphere in them & for me they had enough of the ‘mechanics’ to work pretty okay as ‘regular’ adventure games. They completely hooked me but as I saw that one of them didn’t get a very good review I considered the games to be my ‘guilty pleasures’!
I liked them enough to check out & glean that there were the Cube Escape games but not finding any opinions on them I moved on & forgot about them. So thanks Karlok for the thread!  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I went to see the the Paradox film yesterday, which is even more impressive on a big screen. They also showed the short Making Of (see the Rusty Lake site or youtube). Followed by an interview and a few minutes of audience Q&A. I didn’t learn anything new from the Q&A, except that the film screenplay came first and the game was more or less based on that. No questions about the games. Well, it was a film festival…

Lots of family and friends of the devs and their team of course but I managed to ask one of the devs a few things afterwards. Yes, the poster of the painting with Mr Crow and the Corrupted Soul will become available at the Rusty Lake site. Thumbs Up He said they have ideas for several new games, but he was non-committal about the possibility of another film.

I took a pic of the free bubbles. Anybody who has played the game will understand why they were red, green, and blue. Nice touch was that one of the devs urged people to “make the right choice”. I chose green. Smile 

PS: The Rusty Lake games are apparently quite popular in China. By mistake Paradox became available in China several hours before the official release elsewhere and in that short time period it had already been downloaded over 5000 times.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Thanks for sharing Karlok! Very cool idea with the red, blue, and green, haha! I would have chosen green as well Wink It’s great to hear that the poster of the painting will be available soon. Can’t wait to get my hands on it!  Thumbs Up

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top