• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Which is the one adventure that you completed all on your own (W/O any hints or walkthroughs)

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’m also pretty sure I managed to complete Memento Mori and Gray Matter by myself… still, can’t be 100% certain.

I remember having to check up some hints twice in Black Mirror III, but the first one was a bug and I still don’t know what the second one was, because I never managed to get the hints from the other character (other people said they did). So sometimes you have to look - really better to check in case of a bug and not be stuck for weeks in vain. Though personally I didn’t care so much about “solving it myself completely” anyway Smile.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2009-04-17

PM

millenia - 02 June 2012 07:22 AM

I’m also pretty sure I managed to complete Memento Mori and Gray Matter by myself… still, can’t be 100% certain.

I remember having to check up some hints twice in Black Mirror III, but the first one was a bug and I still don’t know what the second one was, because I never managed to get the hints from the other character (other people said they did). So sometimes you have to look - really better to check in case of a bug and not be stuck for weeks in vain. Though personally I didn’t care so much about “solving it myself completely” anyway Smile.

Well. i feel that the gray matter mini-games were a bit dodgy, otherwise there wasn’t much difficulty in completing the game; it was just about someone being stuck in the game, may be because they haven’t examined all the items in the room, or clicked any specific dialogue to trigger the next event Smile

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Raz Mataz - 03 June 2012 01:13 AM
millenia - 02 June 2012 07:22 AM

Well. i feel that the gray matter mini-games were a bit dodgy, otherwise there wasn’t much difficulty in completing the game; it was just about someone being stuck in the game, may be because they haven’t examined all the items in the room, or clicked any specific dialogue to trigger the next event Smile

Yes, all the games I’ve mentioned are fairly easy, I’m pretty sure in tougher cases I would consult the walkthru a few times. Can’t really understand the idea of being stuck for hours - days for that matter - when I have just a couple of hours to play at evening (at best).

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Maupiti Island. It’s not as bad as people made it out to me. It just demands you to use your gray matter a little more than usual.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Origami - 03 June 2012 04:31 AM

Maupiti Island. It’s not as bad as people made it out to me. It just demands you to use your gray matter a little more than usual.

Really? I mean, you actually played Maupiti Island to the very end without a single hint? So tell me (in spoiler tags), who did it?

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

How does that prove anything? I could just look up the answer on the internet.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I should believe you, I admit it. My disbelief that you solved one of the most complex adventures ever is based on your “liever lui dan moe” attitude (you do speak Dutch, right?) during the Bad Mojo crawlthrough and the many questions you asked about The Last Express because you openly said you didn’t feel like going back and trying things for yourself. That may be unfair, but there you have it.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

I am sorry, but my stagnation during the Bad Mojo walkthrough had nothing to do with a certain type of attitude. I just had little time and in the end I did finish it, I just didn’t take the liberty to announce it in that topic.

And I don’t think I ever said I don’t like going back and trying things for myself. I think I said I hate missing things and always want to explore a game 100%. And my approach and attitude towards Maupiti Island was different. I made it my mission to finish it, and knew that trial and error were key for being able to solve the game. In The Last Express however reaching the end doesn’t demand that, only if you want to optionally see all the possible events in the game.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2011-06-16

PM

The hardest game I managed to complete without any aid was “The Longest Journey”. I know, that wasn’t a hard game at all… I am just beginning to think that I’m really bad at adventure games, even though I love them so much. Frown

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top