• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Just Adventure beta

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Not sure if this is old news. (I haven’t visited the site in a while.) But it looks like it’s alive and breathing again! Smile Thumbs Up

http://www.justadventure.com

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Barely.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

heh, this is the first time i see an ad for another adventuring site, here Laughing

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The old JA homepage was around for quite a while after their forums closed, but it looks like they still don’t have a forum except maybe on Facebook.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Advie - 13 September 2018 11:10 PM

heh, this is the first time i see an ad for another adventuring site, here Laughing

Well, look who decided to show up Wink

I’m not advertising, just mentioning a site that I feel a lot are familiar with from over the years.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Sir Beardalot - 14 September 2018 03:26 AM

I’m not advertising, just mentioning a site that I feel a lot are familiar with from over the years.

i do not show up, i am always here.  but i thought i needn’t disappear more than this to prove my point.

and i m just adventuring kidding, i would have done the same if saw it before you Smile

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Advie - 14 September 2018 04:01 AM
Sir Beardalot - 14 September 2018 03:26 AM

i do not show up, i am always here.  but i thought i needn’t disappear more than this to prove my point.

and i m just adventuring kidding, i would have done the same if saw it before you Smile

Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

I found it recently. No forums, but saw some familiar names contributing.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Interesting menu they have.

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2003-09-13

PM

lol, now and then, when the sluganski’s can be arsed, they revitalize JA. For it to die out again a few months later. rinse and repeat! (for 18 goddamn years) I feel sorry for the writers, they clearly want to contribute, but the sluganski’s can’t seem to hold their interest in the adventure game genre for more than a few months at a time. at least the web design isn’t a total shocker with this iteration. but as you’d expect the “newest” content is from 2-3 months ago. in shag, marry or avoid I think most people would choose “avoid” with JA lol. good writers let down by the lackluster site owners making it useful only as a source of archived reviews.

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

markymint - 19 September 2018 08:54 AM

lol, now and then, when the sluganski’s can be arsed, they revitalize JA. For it to die out again a few months later. rinse and repeat! (for 18 goddamn years) I feel sorry for the writers, they clearly want to contribute, but the sluganski’s can’t seem to hold their interest in the adventure game genre for more than a few months at a time. at least the web design isn’t a total shocker with this iteration. but as you’d expect the “newest” content is from 2-3 months ago. in shag, marry or avoid I think most people would choose “avoid” with JA lol. good writers let down by the lackluster site owners making it useful only as a source of archived reviews.

Randy Sluganski died years ago. Under his wing, JA was always active and profitable, not to mention he was extremely supportive of the adventure genre and its developers. I owe a good part of my career in the industry to him.

Senscape // Founder // Designer | Working on: Asylum | Twitter: @AgustinCordes

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Agustín Cordes - 19 September 2018 09:39 AM

Randy Sluganski died years ago. Under his wing, JA was always active and profitable, not to mention he was extremely supportive of the adventure genre and its developers. I owe a good part of my career in the industry to him.

It’s owned by Shane Nestler now, I’ve been having conversations on and off about JustAdventure, to see if and how I/we could give it a new home. Little success to this point really, perhaps that changes some day..

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

When Randy’s cancer took hold again, he decided to sell the site in order to spend time with his family before the end.  Since the new owner had different ideas about how to run things, Karla was left trying to maintain the forums and website pretty much on her own.  It was a daunting task trying to migrate the old reviews to a different (and not very compatible) website while editing new reviews and walkthroughs, searching the web for upcoming games, and keeping spam and trolls at bay in the forums, among other jobs.  If you haven’t worked behind the scenes in running a website, it’s not really fair to criticize.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2003-09-13

PM

And as a web designer who runs multiple sites, I’ve been criticizing the train-wreck that is JA.com for years, since 2001 in fact. I also never really liked the Sluganski’s. Sorry if that offends those who had personal connection with them, I don’t want to speak ill of the dead, but that’s my experience. I won’t personally be applauding them selling off a train-wreck to some poor girl to try and juggle with, because to me that just sums up what I always felt about the (previous) owners. The new iteration seems positive, but overall, I still think JA should fade out and just pass the writing talent onto a more consistent and constant website like this one. At the very least, drop the “news site” persona that has never worked for them and just focus on being a review/preview/interview repository - the one thing they always managed to get right. This iteration maybe sides with that fact more? Like the new dude realized? It’s hard to tell.

Total Posts: 72

Joined 2017-03-27

PM

To paraphrase Agustin, I owe a good part of my life as an adventure gamer to Randy Sluganski. I’ve been very saddened to watch JA disintegrate over the past few years. Screw the web design, I visit JA for the content just like here. With the talented reviewers they have, I hope that it can make a strong come back whether it’s pretty or not.

Total Posts: 2063

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Adventuregamers was also a better place under Marek, but it’s still alive and kicking under Jack and the rest, still the best website dedicated to adventure games. Why should JA fade out? It was loved by many, and if someone keeps trying to resurrect the site after Rendy’s death, this probably means that people are willing to contribute to it.

PC means personal computer

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top