• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Looking for game recommendation

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-12-23

PM

I used to love adventures and played a fair number of them (e.g. Zork, Dig, Indiana Jones, Monkey Island, Gabriel Knight, etc.). Now I rarely have the time and really have played very few in the last ten years or so. I have played Return to Mysterious Island, Syberia and Grey Matter fairly recently and enjoyed them.

Now I am thinking of getting a game to play over the holidays but have a hard time deciding which one to get. So I thought I would see if someone could recommend a good game (or two).

Here is what I am looking for:

Game should run on an average PC (not old but not really hightech either) without problems

I would prefer being able to download /play online as I would like to get started playing in the next couple of days

I don’t really care for very dark stories (and really no horror). Especially enjoy a mystery element

Would like a game that doesn’t have excessive wandering around (especially with slow animation)

I don’t have a huge amount of time so it would be good to get a game that doesn’t take too much time/isn’t so involved that I can’t pick it up/put it down easily

If anyone has some recommendations it would be great. Let me know if you need any more information.

Total Posts: 4255

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Play any of these.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 119

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Yoomurjak’s Ring or the AGON games.

Other than that, I second the Carol Reed games.

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

I have to agree with Oscar that Yoomurjak’s Ring is an awesome game, however what I remember is that it is quiet hard to get into and also some pretty “tricky” puzzles. Story wise it is great, but there is a lot of note takings, cross references, and fairly complicated puzzles. It sounded like you were more looking to play a casual game that was easy to get into. Yoomurjak’s Ring might not be the casual game that you are looking for. Oscar don’t you agree? Smile

If you liked Indiana Jones, you should try Lost Horizon.

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Travelsofar - 23 December 2012 12:06 PM

I used to love adventures and played a fair number of them (e.g. Zork, Dig, Indiana Jones, Monkey Island, Gabriel Knight, etc.). Now I rarely have the time and really have played very few in the last ten years or so. I have played Return to Mysterious Island, Syberia and Grey Matter fairly recently and enjoyed them.

Gemini Rue,  fits the bill.

Or

Machinarium, only 2 games after Syberia that are must.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-12-23

PM

Thanks for all the ideas! I will definitely look these games up and play a couple of them. For now, I think I will start with one of the Carol Reed games and see how that goes. Just wish I had more time to play…

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2005-04-15

PM

Try these if you havent yet:

Anachronox
Omikiron The Nomad Soul
Dreamfall and The Longest Journey
Kyrandia I, II and maybe III if you are brave
Loom
Syberia I

Admin
3D World and Game Developers Group Linkedin
“We Build Worlds”

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Syberia II should work well, less wandering than the first one and pretty easy - will run well on an average computer too.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2008-11-19

PM

You might also enjoy Ceville, Resonance, Deponia - can get them on Steam or other online vendors.

About Machinarium - super great game, but I don’t believe there is a quick travel option which does make a few parts a bit painful, but I wouldn’t let this discourage you.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top