• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoskeeter_93

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Moebius

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

tomimt - 05 April 2014 06:01 AM

Personally I’m hoping the rest of the game is more similar to the Venice part of the first chapter, as I found the second somewhat dull.

most of the rest of the game is more like the first chapter pretty much.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Wait what i wan this artsyle Tongue

Look that sexy haristyle

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

nomadsoul - 12 April 2014 08:23 AM

Look that sexy haristyle

They really look like a gay couple here Gasp

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I would not mind. Any explicit scenes incoming?  Naughty

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Doom - 12 April 2014 09:15 AM

They really look like a gay couple here Gasp

no they dont Tongue
but the game does provoke speculation, and im sure the internet will take note…. again…and again… Tongue

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

zane - 12 April 2014 11:48 AM

but the game does provoke speculation, and im sure the internet will take note…. again…and again… Tongue

I know! And it seems like the artist too. Personally I don’t want any explicit scenes involving those two, just a cool detective story please Confused

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Personally, I am hoping we get to see some big floppy dong action at least SOMEWHERE in this game.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Doom - 12 April 2014 12:28 PM
zane - 12 April 2014 11:48 AM

I know! And it seems like the artist too. Personally I don’t want any explicit scenes involving those two, just a cool detective story please Confused

I disagree. Wink

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

They cant even get walking and other animations right, imagine the horror of explicit
scenes.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

It could be eccentric and wild!

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2014-04-11

PM

maladroid - 05 April 2014 12:30 AM

Well, I just finished the demo and although my expectations were pretty low, I must say it still managed to disappoint me. Character models are just as bad as the trailers suggested, especially in motion, and both the puzzles and the story failed to grab me. That could obviously change in the remaining chapters, but I just don’t see the potential people seem to acknowledge in the demo. The writing is also a bit flat, at least in this chapter and I can’t say I found the main characters especially interesting.

I totally agree. Perhaps Jane was forced to make a game on the cheap, but the developer here doesn’t seem up to the task of delivering a product with a high enough quality level to ensure that the player isn’t constantly laughing at unintentionally funny scenes.

If this game were a movie, it would be screaming out to get the MST3K treatment. What happened?

Guys, you know you were also giggling during a lot of those scenes. Don’t even try to deny it. Crazy  When I saw the main character’s face during that “execution” attempt, I lost it.

I feel sorry for Jane. The quality is bad.

Also, while there is also a lot of subpar acting, part of the problem is the writing itself. At times the dialogue tries too hard to be witty. At other times it seems like the writer isn’t that familiar with the subjects she’s writing about (e.g., the way Walker’s military background is presented and how he appears not to have “shaken off the habits of that lifestyle”).

But those issues are minor compared to the developer’s apparent technical shortcomings. Sigh.

Verdict: Disappointing. Entertainment factor in unintentionally funny comedy. Lovely background art, though!

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Iv had to keep reminding myself (and i think others will have to): its really cool what theyv managed to put together that otherwise just would not have happened without the crowdfunding experience. It is a full length game, there is no debating that. And while my biggest complaint is the story, i still had fun through the journey. We’re officially on the eve of the release to the backers, and its exciting!

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

OrionO - 13 April 2014 07:40 AM

At other times it seems like the writer isn’t that familiar with the subjects she’s writing about (e.g., the way Walker’s military background is presented and how he appears not to have “shaken off the habits of that lifestyle”).

It’s actually quite common among war veterans. Many of them can’t get rid of the war syndrome for years. Plus Walker spent all his life in military. At least he doesn’t resemble a toy soldier who keeps a stone face and shouts at everyone, like they often portrait them in Hollywood.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

So, any of the backers playing the full game already? I guess I might take a peek at it today. It’s being downloaded at the moment.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top