• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

..and again it happens; Game Front’s chooses The Walking Dead as their Game of the Year! 

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

honestly i didnt play any of the The Walking Dead episodes and i never WILL !

but here is the Link anyway
http://www.gamefront.com/game-fronts-game-of-the-year-2012/2/

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

The Escapist’s Jimquisition chose it as well:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/6634-Jimquisition-Awards-Part-Five?utm_source=latest&utm_medium=index_carousel&utm_campaign=all

That’s 3 so far, I think. Well, 4 really because I’m 99.9% sure it will win the Aggies.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

All I want to say is ‘Shut the F*** up’. Do we really need so much whining?

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Whoa, easy there. Who’s whining?  Meh

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Not a fan of Telltale, but nice to see an adventure game have this sort of success.

Total Posts: 1078

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Hail a new era of agaming..a goty ag its amazing!

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I see this as an isolated incident. For the past few years there’s always been a significant AAA title that received critical and fan acclaim and would step in and swoop up the GOTY accolades. Last year it was Skyrim. The year before that it was Red Dead Redemption.

This year it was meant to be Dishonored. It had an insane amount of hype leading up to its release and yet it failed to receive unanimous praise.

So now you have an interesting divide between these media outlets either trying to force the most mainstream choice, Mass Effect 3, into the GOTY spot and acting oblivious to the drama surrounding its release or giving that accolade to downloadable titles like Walking Dead and Journey in order to make a statement about narrative or ‘games as art’ or whatever.

Well, congratulations. Enjoy it while it lasts because next year two huge games are coming out - Bioshock Infinite and GTAV - and when they are released we’ll be relegated to the back of the bus like always. At least this time we’ll have some nice Kickstarter games to play back there.

See you in 2013!  Kiss  Kiss  Kiss  Kiss  Kiss  Kiss  Kiss

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I don’t like zombies and I don’t like survival but I will be getting Walking Dead at some point from some ridiculous sale just to see what all the fuss is about. It’s possible that I will love it but it should be at least quite probable that I like it since all the praise can’t be wrong (though on some cases it can be a bit excessive).

At least it isn’t supposed to be horribly scary. I’m quite sad that I can’t play Amnesia or Silent Hill games because I find them interesting but those games add the oppressive horror to the concoction and that’s just too much for me.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The Walking Dead and Virtue’s Last Reward are really racking up the awards. Bravo for adventure games. Good to see.

The adventure genre is doing great - 2012 was a great year and I hopoe 2013 is as good.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

thejobloshow - 22 December 2012 08:56 AM

I see this as an isolated incident.

To the Moon got a lot of attention last year. In previous years, a lot of AGs have featured prominently in a lot of Game Awards. L.A. Noire, Heavy Rain, Ghost Trick, etc.

I don’t really think it’s all that isolated…
We’re slowly returning to the forefront. Domination likely won’t happen again, but I’m very happy with the way things are going…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’m really happy about this. Awesome to see a game that focuses on story and characters (my favorite kind!) getting this kind of attention.

Smile

Total Posts: 334

Joined 2003-10-16

PM

Advie - 21 December 2012 08:29 PM

So you’re judging this based on what?

No Nonsense Nonsonnets 44

Quest for Knowledge

I’m hoping to find name for game that I played long ago
The people here so well-informed, someone is sure to know
A time machine, grandfather clock, I give it to myself
Oh never mind, the box is sitting there upon my shelf

For real retro gaming nerds, name that game.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

stepurhan - 22 December 2012 03:27 PM

So you’re judging this based on what?

ahh i Tried 2 mins of the 1st episode with that car crash accident;
The interface not meant for PC and playing it on a PC (which is all what i got) with the Mouse and Keys controls are really boring! i can not play and Smoke my cigarette in the same time Smile , Dying and repeat the scene again to Die again until you figure out how not! ,Having Enough with the TV Series already; plus The major concept of telltale (that i hate)  cutting half the way of their successes by buying famous IPs and never anything original, it just seems humiliating to me ; plus with the Adventures Burst nowadays and more to come there are much better choices than to waste my time on a game that is not made for real Adventurers but for amateurs and Non-Adventurers.

and lets say i parted telltale since JP and BtTF .. and since then they are not showing any Adventure’s Art ,but getting worse with every new Project; Judging by the Classic adventures Book.

Sarcastic

Total Posts: 1078

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

..controls are really boring! i can not play and Smoke my cigarette in the same time , Dying and repeat the scene again to Die again until you figure out how not!..

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

YUP! we gotta Smile every once awhile Gabe Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top